M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aloha...

I recently purchased this pre-ban SuperMatch M1A and while it appears to have been shot very little, some work still needed to be done prior to shooting... most of the small things are done, the stock is refinished (not as good as I wold like it but it will do for now). These are some of the pics of how it looks now.

Stock refinished and ARMS mount installed.

Scope mounted, Bipod Installed and Scope EZE cheek piece.

Tasco SS 10X... The Hawk (economy) dummy selector kit also installed!!!

Check out how wide this stock is!!! It is huge!

Side by Side with a regular production SA SuperMatch (left), the Pre-Ban stock is visibly wider (right). The forearm was originally very wide and flat, so I used some wood tools and tapered the forearm and now the forearm feels perfect and very comfortable... I also tapered the area that supports the receiver but mainly to keep the lines of the stock smooth.

This isn't a super fancy SuperMatch but has proven to be very accurate. This is about as close as I'll get to a M21.

I hope you found the pics interesting... it was fun taking the pics...

I also wanted to show a couple close ups of the Scope EZE cheek rest... a few have been asking to see what it looks like... so for those who asked...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Tom,
As always, you have done a wonderful job.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Oxmix:

The pics look dark, I guess the background made the rifle even darker... and that stock is a dark brown to begin with...

But thanks for the kind words of support... it gives me some fight to keep trying to make these guys look nice...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
199 Posts
dighawaii said:
Tasco SS 10X... The Hawk (economy) dummy selector kit also installed!!!
Tom O.,
I probably missed it if you have addressed this in another post, but how do you like that Tasco SS 10x scope?
I might be behind the times but I thought I saw on another board recently that Bushnell bought out Tasco and is making a limited run of the SS scopes.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Aloha George,

Yes, this SM was a really good shooter. In fact, that is the stock that is with SixT right now waiting for a MARPAT make over. Since, I sent this rifle off to SixT, I stored the receiver, trigger group, etc. away until it returns.

Thanks for asking...

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
340 Posts
It will be worth the waite.
SixT does do good. His stocks can make things look good. They are also tough as nails. If you have a WhamoCamo don't be afraid to take it to the woods. They are not safe gueens.

You got em, work em. Clean em up and take em out on Sat night. You will still be proud to be seen with em. :roll:

TomR

·
Banned
354 Posts
Lets see- a little more Brown. How about a white background.
Now a bit of contrast. a pinch of tint. Try that!...........

It was a bit dark. Maybe this photo shows the beauty of that fine
Wood. You should be proud of that rifle..............SP/4 Twiggy

PS Can I steal that flash suppresor/bayo lug?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts