M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,
I no longer shoot highpower, so I've decided to put my M1A on auction. Before I do this I thought I should get your opinion on an asking price since this is not an off the shelf rifle, it was built for me at camp Lejeune by a match armour (2112) named Phil Cusperson.
M1A ser # 011851
Rear lugged
Bolt 7790186 over 66118-DD
Sight base NM/2A-
Windage NM BME
Sight 595
Trigger Housing 7267030-HR-N
Hammer TRW 554600
Heavy duty op-rod spring guide
Op-rod 7267064 HRA
BBL USMC 4 GR 1 12 7 62MM 10 89
Heavy laminated glassed stock

also lots of spare TRW parts. Plus two full cans (460 rounds in 20 round boxes) of MATCH M852 (total of 920 rounds).

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha George,

Welcome Aboard!!! You're asking a mighty tough question here... what helps is the excellent description of the parts... A lugged receiver would put it in the SM category. However, I am not familiar with the barrel type that is one there... looks like a 4 groove, 1 in 12 twist barrel... but maybe if you could confirm... Also, the heavy laminated glassed stock. Is that a heavy match laminated stock glass bedded? Or was I reading it wrong...

That might help us give you estimates on what kind of value you might expect for your rifle, but it would only be a guess in any case... A similar valued rifle with a McMillan match stock might run between $2000 and $2500.

The ammo Match 852 would add another $400 or so. CMP has come LR M118 for $399 plus shipping. Maybe $450 shipped? If you wished to part with the ammo separate and could get it to Hawaii, I'd buy it!!!

So without a little more specifics, I would guess that you would be looking in the range of $2000 to $3000 for the package (total)...

I wish I had a cystal ball, but a guess is all I could lend at this time... I hope it helps.

Aloha and Welcome Aboard.

Tom O.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick reply.
The stock is a laminated bedded stock
The bbl is a med weight made for the USMC rifle team (I dont know the maker)
The spare parts are :
oprod 7267064 TRW
blot 7790186 over TRW ZA
trigger housing 7267030 TRW with TRW 554600 hammer.
Thanks again.

PS I was stationed at Camp Smith Hi 1976-1979.

·
Registered
368 Posts
George-

Just a suggestion because I have no idea what your finacial situation is (and will not ask)... if you don't need the money I say just keep the rifle, even if you never shoot it again.

I have a NM-grade M1A that I bought last spring from an elderly gentleman. He offered it for sale after switching to the AR-15 for competition shooting, and undestandably so - the heavier weight and stronger recoil of the M1A were "cathing up to me" (his term) in competitive shooting. He bought the rifle brand new in 1982 and had it re-barrelled a few years ago after shooting out the original, and he's won about a dozen trophies with the rifle over that time. So when the time came to do the deal, my certified cashier's check just didn't seem to measure up to "his" rifle. He was completely honorable and persisted in going through with the sale, even after I repeatedly offered to just call it off if he wanted to...

I still get an e-mail from him from time to time, asking how things are going, how the rifle shoots for me, etc. So my point is, if you don't need to sell the rifle, you might just be better off keeping it. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.