M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All!!!

I'm really stoked! I just came home with a pre-ban NM and she's awful pretty...

I'll take some pics... but wanted to share some of my excitement... and good news!!! See Hawk, what ya started!

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Congrats Tom!

They say a pictures' worth a thousand words ...

We'll be waitin' ... :wink:

Six Out!

·
Registered
498 Posts
Congrats Tom O.

That must be #7 ? Pretty soon the military will be coming to you when they need rifles to replace those M16's.. :lol:

Waiting for pics.

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, another Saturday on my hands... so I thought I would take some pics. This is a picture I took of the pre-bans today!

The one on the left is the Devine #710 and the one on the right is the new NM that I got.

The NM has a lot of red in the stain used on the stock... the action feels glass smooth and everything looks USGI. The barrel is marked NM. Both of these pre-bans feel good.

I think I got lucky!

Since I had the camera out, I also took a couple of pics of the SM guys... or what I like to call the "Fat Guys"... I know it won't show it in the picture but, these babies both have "hefty" stocks on them.

The top is a SM M1 Garand in .308 and the lower is the SM M1A (post ban).

Thank you for letting me share these pics with you...

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Slick Pics Tom .....

I do believe there is yet "another" Preban on the way as well that we'd all like to see too ... :wink:

Six

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Tom,
It is I who thank you for the pictures.

Regards

Ox

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Everyone for those kind words... they are very much appreciated.

SixTGunr is right! The night I brought this pre-ban NM home, excited as heck, I saw an e-mail from one of our members with copy of an ad for another pre-ban NM! Of all things... and that THIS seller was also from Hawaii!!! So, I thought, sounds good, good price... give it a twirl and see where it goes... 8O

To make a long story short... this seller "KonaMark", was responsive and "on it"... and he sent a reply within the hour with pics and the whole deal... well, I liked what I saw... so... yep, you guessed it... I got it!!! Looks like another pre-ban NM is on its way! And, another "double whammy"... :lol:

With ALL of these AWESOME deals available... What the heck is going on?

This is simply AMAZING! I can't believe it... 8O

Aloha and Best Wishes,

Tom O.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Just got a great Idea :idea:

I'm founding the International Association of M-14 / M1A Gun-a-holics (IAMMG). I'm starting memberships at a low introductory offer of $10.00 per month for my friends and then it will go to $25.00 in 90 days. I will offer a forum counseling session nightly and a 1 800 number for those little emergencies that come up :wink: As an added service I'll have a loan department for the rare :wink: times when all else fails.......

Just think with all the money I make I can buy every M14/M1A I see on Gunbroker.com :( HELP!

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
MsgtMaze:

I know, I know... When do we know when enough is enough? :oops:

Man, I would jump on IAMMG in a flash! Man, I could use some good support and learn to "Just Say NO!". But with all of these deals going on... man, I can't help myself... it's as if, I am on "auto pilot"... and something else takes over... what a marshmellow... huh? :oops:

I better delete my favorites... or something.... :lol:

Tom O.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Gentlemen, and Ladies....welcome to M-14aholics, where the only thing that seems to cure the sickness of purchasing M-14 type rifles is to buy more of them. We have provided a 12 step (purchase) process that once completed will cure you permantly or leave you so broke that you couldn't buy one if they only asked a $1 for it. Unfortunately we haven't any sponsors yet as nobody has completed the program. Meetings are nightly and free of charge as you will need all the money you can scrape up for the 12 step process.............

1 - 13 of 13 Posts