M14 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
18,143 Posts
Research, the only good game in town anymore......

Since I can get 1000 rds of either the Q3130 or the 175gr PPU for the same price, which should I get ?
Well anagram-sam,

Since both are boxer prime I would walk away with the Match grade ammunition first.DI5

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Although Q3130 Does Go Bang every time I pull the Trigger its accuracy leaves much to be desired
PPU never tried it But then for the same $ I would give it a whorl
Let us know how your rifle likes it

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
I have fired the PPU headstamped ammo several times...no complaints. The brass is amazing too when it comes to reloading. I have some that after third firing, has no trimming when checked. Very little trimming after second firing.

Groups were acceptable and ranged from 1 1/4" to 2 5/8" at 100 yds......When I say acceptable, I mean for blasting ammo or three gun matches, for bench shooting, it is totally unnacceptable for me DI2

·
Registered
832 Posts
Hands down all 3 of my M1a's like the 175gr match PPU's better than the Q. Actually the 168gr match shoots a little better for me than the 175's. The 147 gr PPU's shoot about the same as Q for me.

Top group are 168's, bottom group are 175's.

·
Registered
411 Posts
Not to mention, Q3130 is a bi-metal jacket (correct me if I'm wrong) and most places in Southern California won't let you shoot anything even if it barely attracts a magnet due to the ammo being a fire hazard.

PPU is definitely some nice brass.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts