M14 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,459 Posts

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Congrats! on your new trimmer. I have got the same RCBS power trimmer (older model that uses shell plates). It is several years old and still going strong. No telling how many cases I have trimmed on it. It is leaps and bounds ahead of manually trimming cases.

·
Registered
235 Posts
RCBS Trim Pro

I have the exact same power trimmer you have. I also use the RCBS 3 way cutter, it cuts the case to size, chamfers the inside and removes the burrs from the outside all in one operation. Just one small drawback about 3 way cutter. If ever you have to adjust the cutter head, it is a little difficult. After the cutter is adjusted, the adjustment seems to last forever.
After trimming thousands of cases with this trimmer, a weak link surfaced. The rubber coupling tubing from the motor output shaft to the cutter shaft failed. I replaced it with a 1.5" of #10 Aeroquip steel braided line. It has a rubber inside, with braided steel over the rubber and a cloth fiber outside. Works just great. Anyway, happy trimming..........

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I had a RCBS powered trimmer, I now use the manual version again and for the high volume stuff the Dillon RT 1200 powered unit for my press. I can easily do 1200 rounds an hour on it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Try a Dillon RT1500 with a carbide die, sizes and trims all in one operation and can be used on any std press. I run one of these on a s1050 progressive. Its more fun than lizard boots on a Friday night!

·
Registered
4,256 Posts
I have the Giraud also. Just ordered the cutter and holder for my 6.5 creedmoor.
Nice people to deal with.
I just trimmed my first batch of 6.5 Creedmoor on my Giraud trimmer with the 6.5 CM holder I received not long ago from Giraud, great folks to deal with for sure.

Out of curiosity, do you use a different cutting head for each of the calibers you trim? I just use one and adjust the blade for my different calibers, I did purchase a spare cutting head and blade but have yet to unwrap it in the two or three years I've had my machine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.