M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every year , I see more and more cheap guady merchandise , mostly forgien made , emblazened with the POW-MIA logo. I see people selling this stuff at flea markets , bike events , car shows , etc. They're wearing the logo over every square inch of their body. Hats , berets , t-shirts , vests , patches , pins , stickers , necklaces , earrings , etc. It seems to have become a misguided fashion statement.

As a vet , I do believe strongly in keeping their memory alive and hope for an accounting one day for all the families.

But I think the sales of all these tacky trinkets has become downright disrespectful. Mostly by the non-vet organizations and vendors that are selling it.
The money just goes in their pockets. No one can say how the profits help further the cause.
I rode in the first few motorcycle runs to the Wall , but stopped because it became more of a motorcycle show , and commercialized circus. Some of these 'organizations' are mostly non-vets , who ironically are the ones who are doing most of the selling.

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Unfortunately, this is how it is.... I am with you on this, however from a another standpoint, this does help keep the issue alive and out in the open. Most of the people that purchase these items do so because they want the cause to continue, even though it may be a subconsious act. I don't believe that it is a fashion statement.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.