M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I hope the title says it all. I did a search EVERYTHING with "picture" showed up!

Please put up a "sticky" somewhere.

Redraider

·
Very Old Salt
1,905 Posts
1) You can either upload them using the "go advanced" reply button

2) You can upload pics to a pic sharing website (photo bucket, flickr, etc.). Using photo bucket as an example...Once the pic(s) is uploaded, there should be a table titled "Links to share this photo" with multiple links in it. Copy the link marked "IMG", should begin with a [URL=http://... format. Paste the link where you want to in a post. It will show up directly in the comment, and is more desirable than uploaded pics through the forum tool

I hope that I've understood your question correctly and not rambling on about something completely off topic...I do that from time to time.

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
Using Photobucket is very easy and the account is free, once you create a free account you simply upload pics then just copy the link from the pic and paste it wherever you want

Reactions: Redraider

·
Registered
855 Posts
I understand your frustration with photo uploading. the instructions are not very clear, then the experts direct you to buttons/links which they do not name correctly. you don't really need to know the secret handshake.

at the top of the thread, above post #1, click POST REPLY. you get a window where you can post your comments. This window is labeled "Reply to Thread".

on the top line of the box, there is PAPERCLIP icon, commonly used to add attachments to a post or email. Hovering the paperclip generates the word ATTACHMENTS. click the paperclip: you get a dialog box for BROWSEing and adding photos from your computer: Browse, select, OPEN, (wait for it ) and also click UPLOAD. then CLOSE the window. I doesn't see the word "file" anywheres.

You don't need to load your pics to and from another website, but you can: clicking the yellow envelope icon (Insert Image) enables you to load a pic from another site, if you so choose.

below the text window, below the wide blue line, there is a box called "Attach Files" where you can Manage Attachments and verify that your file is ready to upload to your post.

now I understand it, too

click Submit Reply to complete your post. or you can preview it first.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts