M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about buying a National Postal Meter M1 Carbine. It's clean with no rust, pitting with just honest wear. It's a non import and was reworked in San Antonio, Texas. The asking price is $800.00 dollars. It's been probably 15 years since I purchased a carbine and man have they gone up in price!
Thanks for your help in advance!

·
Retired
4,700 Posts
That price sounds a bit high for a carbine, but if it has a lot of its original parts and is in really nice shape, it might not be priced too high. I think I would offer the seller $700. The CMP sold a lot of carbines and I think most service grades sold for around $575 plus shipping, so $700 is about $100 more than the CMP price.

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Sounds a bit high unless it's in STELLAR condition. I got my national postal meter M1 Carbine from the CMP and that's my threshold for price now. Since they've run out, I can imagine it being a bit higher now.

bottom line is, if it's worth it to you, it's a good deal.GI5

·
Banned
38 Posts
I recently paid $750 for a very nice NPM carbine. Correct TN stock set. That included several magazines and a Korean War Era USGI bayonet. I only buy carbines with good barrels and that equates to a MW<2.0 cutoff for me.

Negotiate on price and make sure it is in excellent condition. I have never paid in excess of $725 for a carbine alone and I own 20+.

Pics are essential for us to gauge true value. So much depends on aesthetics and stock condition.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts