M14 Forum banner
281 - 300 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Cool ol' 1903
My Nephew inherited from his Maternal Grandfather, what was originally HIS Father's 1903
Guess "JR" didn't think His Sons would be all that interested in it !
Not quite as nice as yours, but a very cool, handed down four generations, 1903 in .32acp (7.62 Browning):

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
Cool ol' 1903
My Nephew inherited from his Maternal Grandfather, what was originally HIS Father's 1903
Guess "JR" didn't think His Sons would be all that interested in it !
Not quite as nice as yours, but a very cool, handed down four generations, 1903 in .32acp (7.62 Browning):
View attachment 450066
View attachment 450067
Yes sir very cool, you‘ve got an early type IV with with hard rubber grips.
Mine is a later type IV with the walnut grips.
I love these little Colts, so much history!

Ren

·
Registered
3,345 Posts
4 auto's from my collection.

Top .380 Sig 232 made in Germany in '08. 1911 MKIV Series 70 from '78, I keep it the kitchen!!
10mm Smith 1006, very early production in '90, Ser.# TET 0125. This replaced my .41mag M-57 as my hunting/fishing sidearm. The safety is also the de-cocker. Last is a .40 Sig 229. German made frame, USA slide, barrel, and parts and assembled in '13 here in 'murica, and my current EDC piece when I do carry. -Lloyd 🍻

·
Registered
83 Posts

1972 Browning Hi-Power “C” series. Honestly never felt the need for another semi auto pistol because of this one. I do also have a S&W 686 .357. Same problem tho, never wanted another revolver after this one.
i do keep a Hi-Point 45 in my tractor tool box for groundhogs during hay season but I don’t brag about that pistol lol

·
Registered
933 Posts
Very nice Guys
Always liked the Browning Hi-Power, until I shot one with a full Hammer Spur like yours
Got the most wicked Hammer Bite from it, because of my tendencies to go for a "High Hold", and the BHP has such a short Beavertail .... if you want to call that a "Beavertail" !

Reactions: Got Colt

·
Registered
4,135 Posts
Always liked the Browning Hi-Power, until I shot one with a full Hammer Spur like yours
Got the most wicked Hammer Bite from it, because of my tendencies to go for a "High Hold", and the BHP has such a short Beavertail .... if you want to call that a "Beavertail" !
I have an FN 9mm with the unique factory SFS safety/hammer/sear system, so it avoids the hammer bite issue of typical H-Ps with its rather abbreviated hammer profile:

This is position in which it is carried - safety up but hammer looks like its down, but hammer is actually very slightly back and under full tension. Once either thumb swipes the safety down (minimal pressure), the hammer clicks/moves back to the full rearward position as seen above.

I think Cylinder and Slide still offer this kit, and it makes the FN or Browning Hi-Power an interesting option.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Very cool RG
This Pic shows how my Delta Gold Cup is set-up with the GunSite Low Mount Thumb Safety
It made the Hi-Hold Habitual !

So now they all go Low Mount

·
Premium Member
8,579 Posts
I just picked up these two little gems, both are Colt 1903 pocket hammerless .32 caliber pistols. The one with the hard rubber grips was manufactured in 1921 type III, the other in 1928 type IV. Both have their original Colt boxes with papers.

I hope to find three more versions in mint condition like these.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!
REN

·
Premium Member
47 Posts
Another S&W melonite... This one a 4566, and the FN1922 (9x17) that my G-pa (140th ID Timberwolves) brought back from Germany. Two of my most prized possessions......!!

281 - 300 of 330 Posts