M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flipping through the channels hoping to find something worth watching on one of the 7,000 channels we have ,and I come across this."MOONSHINERS" I believe that this could very well knock the gold mining idiots of the top of the heap as the absolute biggest bunch of fool idiots I have ever seen.I do not watch TV very often,shows like these 2 being the #1 reason.Just came across it and was instantly fascinated by the idiocy of it.It is still in my eyes and it want wash out,pleasee someone help me!

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
what I find funny about it is that a fellow at work,his uncle makes shine,they dont do all that stuff.He makes it out back in a shed behind the barn.Gives it to whoever wants some.I find it funny that the film crew is filming an illegal act that goes on national TV,but its ok and nobody does any thing about it.Wait I guess thats the same thing as the illegal mexicans hanging out at home depot and nobody doing anything about it.Was at the red light,look over and there they are,hanging out.2nd truck in front of me was border patrol.Nothing happened.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
What I find funny is the main person they show openly cooks it and is chief of his towns FD. I've been watching him freak out in paranoia over some hunters and weird noises out in the woods but totally ignoring the cameras showing his face, son (looks to be a teenager) and accomplice, vehicle, house, weaponry, first name, and where he works.

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
What I find funny is the main person they show openly cooks it and is chief of his towns FD. I've been watching him freak out in paranoia over some hunters and weird noises out in the woods but totally ignoring the cameras showing his face, son (looks to be a teenager) and accomplice, vehicle, house, weaponry, first name, and where he works.
All that makes me believe it is a totally fake, scripted made for TV drama.

·
Banned
1,374 Posts
At our home, the propaganda box gets used at the end of pre-season and goes off after the Super Bowl. We mainly read, chat, play cards, visit friends and listen to music in lieu of being baraged by the saturation propaganda prevalent on the idiot box. As was the case in the former DDR, even news events will be reported in the same predictably mundane and prejudicial manner. What used to be entertainment has become outright thought control, even in children's programming. If you disagree, try turning off the tube for a month and getting your news from among the hundreds of free newspapers on the internet and reading books. Once you switch back on, the hackneyed and compartmentalized nature of the programming will reveal itself.

·
Registered
221 Posts
You have it. I worked for production companies in Alaska and they do have it scripted. A friend was a captain of a crab boat for the Deadliest Catch pilot, most of it was raw video. Then the producers and directors got involved and most of the stuff seen now is scripted fro drama, at least according to him. So Roger did not sign a contract to stay.

Moonshiners, not sure I will watch it again.

·
Registered
311 Posts
The "gold rush" crew lives in a town not far away from me. I work with a guy who is their next door neighbor. They aren't really as stupid as the script would have you believe. It just shows that people will do almost anything (even act like a total bufoon) on TV for money.

I think most of the so called "reality" shows insult the intellegence beyond belief.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Last year Gold Rush was interesting. This year it is pretty lame. No one seems to have a plan. I hope they eventually do well though.
I can not say for Sure ,but I suspect they are getting Compensation from the Show.
How could anyone that is already broke survive a year and longer with no income ???. Where do they come up with the $$$ for Overhead when you have Less than Nothing??
Personally I wish they would run the Old Man off
Remember we are the land of Opportunity and The Constitution guarantees the Right to be as Stupid as you Want

·
Registered
221 Posts
Obviously I do not know for sure but I do know of those who said they got $36,000 per episode.

·
Banned
1,222 Posts
Oh, you guys aren't even trying. Stupid can get a lot more stupid than that on tv. I honestly don't understand half of the celebrity crap. Shows about people watching people pretending to be other people--and I'm watching it? It's like, how on earth did this ever happen?

·
Resident Rascal
13,508 Posts
No serious still man will let himself be filmed, much less the watchers, runners and the guy at the drop point. This show is just bull ****.

·
Registered
896 Posts
Exactly.

As for Gold Rush:

The guys own an airport in Oregon -- that is how they have money. I'm not willing to believe any one of the characters are truly broke.

When I first saw Gold Rush, I thought, "What a bunch of fools, they don't have a clue. They're going to fail." Now I catch myself thinking, "What a bunch of fools, they don't have a clue. I hope they succeed."

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The "gold rush" crew lives in a town not far away from me. I work with a guy who is their next door neighbor. They aren't really as stupid as the script would have you believe. It just shows that people will do almost anything (even act like a total bufoon) on TV for money.

I think most of the so called "reality" shows insult the intellegence beyond belief.
I hope the father and son aren't as dumb as they are portrayed, because if they certainly shouldn't be operating heavy machinery or tying their own shoe laces.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Full Throttle Saloon, about a bar in Sturgis getting ready for Rally Week, has to get at least Runner-Up for idiocy. The owner seems to run the place by complete lack of planning ahead, and last minute panic and scramble. There must be a whole lot if editing to make it appear right on the edge of failure, because there is no way the place could stay in business if her ran it that way all the time.

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
I kinda think it depends on the show...

Pawn Stars(Las Vegas)---Highly Scripted!

Hardcore Pawn(Detroit)---Lowly Scripted! GI2

Lizard Lick Towing(Hillbillyiana)---CANNOT Be Scripted!!! GI5

CAVman in WYoming

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.