M14 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got some WW2 30-06 , military, ammo which I believe might be corrosive. Does anyone out there know ? The headstamps are : FA43 ( I know that's corrosive ),FA53, WRA54, WRA 57. I won't shoot it through my '03 or M1. Any help will be appreciate it. Thanx.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ammo

I just got some WW2 30-06 , military, ammo which I believe might be corrosive. Does anyone out there know ? The headstamps are : FA43 ( I know that's corrosive ),FA53, WRA54, WRA 57. I won't shoot it through my '03 or M1. Any help will be appreciate it. Thanx.
Frank,

The FA53, WRA54, and WRA57 are all non-corrosive. Assuming that you mean they are ball rounds and not AP. For these two manufacuturer's (FA & WRA) of USGI ammo 52' would be the first year for a full run of non-corrosive ball rounds. I believe they started in late 51' producing non-corrosive, but without lot numbers on an unopened can I would assume any 51' to be corrosive. By the way it would shoot fine out of your M1 or '03 without the worry of corrosion. As of now it is not highly sought after ammunition in the collecting world. Give it 20 years and it probably will be.

OldCrow

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.