M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been a member here for awhile, I do a lot of reading and little posting.
Here's my question for you guys-
My brother is considering a trade of his SAI scout for a SAI loaded with an SEI scope mount. Both in the black synthetic stocks. He would really like the full sized M1A, but is unsure of the trade. Whats your thoughts?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I lurked on this site for a while but from what I have read and experienced it really depends on how he will use the rifle and what he wants...can't really go wrong with either!

I personally like the utility and weight savings of the scout in 18" (even though I currently have a pre-ban standard 22" and last had a loaded 22") and think that the only way you will get the use out of the extra 4" is if you are shooting past 600m or using it primarily on the range.

However, if he wants a loaded then go for it...he could always trade for another scout later...but I personally would make sure it has a decent mount or I wouldn't give the person trading it much value credit OR let the current owner keep the mount and ask for some mags, ammo, etc. (since the scout seems to have a slightly market value from what I have seen).

·
Registered
918 Posts
The sei scope mount it worth at least 180-200 used. I like the scout but does he plan on scoping it?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Our normal range we shoot at we can go from 100-300 yrds. I don't think he has any plans on scoping it. It's mostly a cosmetic thing with him I think. He has Carbine's,AR's ,Garand's Just trying to keep the Military line up.

·
Registered
4,580 Posts
Here's the thing about a "trade"...... As long as both parties are happy, the trade is a good thing. Kind of like asking who prefers apples and who prefers oranges? Two weeks later the guys with apples would like to trade them for oranges.

I'll give the routine answer here........... He should have BOTH rifles.

Hobo

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Scout

At the ranges ya'll are shooting, I'd stay with the scout. It has a higher value if their conditions are the same. He could change the flash suppressor if he wants a different look. If it has the scope barrel mount, he could remove that and put a standard handguard on top.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts