M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a post for the A1/E2 purist, but I decided to build one last rifle since I had all the parts to put one together. Thought I would go with a NOS birch M14E2 stock for fun. I know the bipod, front grip, and buttpad are almost nonexistent and to pricey, so I decided to go with the new parts Treeline is making, buttpad and picatinny rail. Front folding grip and sling swivel are standard picatinny items and a standard Harris bipod was used, all attach to the rail. Doing this put the rifle into play right now instead of searching for all the parts to make it right. Off to range next week to zero and wring it out.

·
Registered
838 Posts
The butt pad is clean and the bipod IS in a more functional position, not bad at all.

·
Registered
8,318 Posts
I like it, you took lemons and made lemonade, keep looking for the unobtainable, If you find them fine , if not, Oh well. You can shoot her quite well rigged up like she is & that's what counts.

·
Registered
3,420 Posts
Looks good! That front grip is a lot more useful than the original!

Reactions: XM25Ren

·
Premium Member
6,952 Posts
I had to come back in, I really do like that set up. Thats an E2 I would feel comfortable shooting, with no worries.

·
Registered
2,490 Posts
very nice i like it.
Lruss

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
I like that a lot. I my buy one of them stocks at the gunshow now. Thanks for posting this.

·
In the gilded halls of Valhala
13,515 Posts
Looks good.

Is that a filter or did you take that pic with a flip phone?

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
Looks great to me.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks good.

Is that a filter or did you take that pic with a flip phone?
Sony DSC-F707 + flash + Photoshop. I just realized when you asked this question I had it on Macro setting which is why it's a little fuzzy. It does take really sharp pictures.

·
Registered
7,570 Posts
This is a great response to making a shootable semi-auto E2 rifle. I did much the same thing with mine, using a Sadlak rail and Bobro bipod. The Treeline butt pad is a very usable alternative to those hard to get, expensive GI assemblies.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Here is the real and I do mean REAL M14A1 just for comparison.
[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
38 Posts
Wizard,

I can see where having the REAL deal would benefit an M-14 (full auto) from the original rearward force from the sling pulling against and down on the bipod, but with a semi auto, I suspect a Poor man's M14E2 build would satisfy most of us semi auto shooters.

Very nice rifles indeed, both JohnF's forgery and the real deal.

Now I know what to do with that E2 stock I have with no hardware!

Thanks JohnF!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts