M14 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gentlemen,

Thank you for your time. A friend recently offered me his Polytech M-14S marked "IDE" which if I am to understand correctly are considered "better". It was sent to Fulton armory and fitted with a Fulton armory bolt by the gunsmiths there. He notes that it does 3 inch groups at 100 yards.

Now gentlemen, usually I would jump on this but I was just on the verge of purchasing a special grade garand from the cmp for around the same price.. decisions decisions...

M-14S or Garand?

Regards.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
Or you could also get two field grade garands and you have to add a little for shipping, or one service grade with lots of ammo, or one special grade or one m14.

Your right you have a tough decision.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Or you could also get two field grade garands and you have to add a little for shipping, or one service grade with lots of ammo, or one special grade or one m14.

Your right you have a tough decision.
Making the decision that much more complicated sir! Ah screw it. Time to research for a couple of days.

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
Get the M14S if it's a good deal. Then take a day off and slip over to Anniston and pick out a Service Grade M1 Garand w/ good bbl and still has its USGI wood, and some ammo, of course.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
I have two service grade garands, so I bought an M14, and ammo is a little cheaper.

Good luck with your choice

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
I don't envy ya at this point ...GI2

If it were me ... I'd grab the Poly ...

Ya can always get a good Garand at a later time for a decent price.

Not always that way with M1A's whether its Chinese or otherwise ...

Good luck ...

Six

·
Registered
4,684 Posts
There are lots of Garands around. There aren't all that many Poly Tech M-14/S rifles around, especially ones where the bolt has already been upgraded. Get the M14 and save up for a nice Garand later. If you don't do it this way, down the road you will be consumed with regret...

7th

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
I'd get a service grade M1 for about $600 and spend the rest on HXP ammo. Save up for a nice M14 type.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Buy the one that makes your heart happy. It is basically that simple. I have a Norinco that I am very happy with. I will eventually pick up a Garand as well.

The one thing about the Garand is that it is a military issue weapon. There is something to be said about that. The Poly is a commercial gun. While nothing is wrong with that, it lacks the history of the Garand.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I would get the Poly while you can. Lots of Garands out there in a wide range of conditions if you want one later. Not sure how many Poly's but surely a lot less.

That's why I jumped on a Poly yesterday. Had one and sold it and always regretted it. Now have another incoming...to keep..DI2

·
Registered
171 Posts
I love my Poly, a great rifle to start with.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Id go with the poly, I had one and did the bolt conversion on it only to sell it soon after to fund an lrb. I was later told by the guy I sold it to "man that poly you sold me is a real shooter 2" groups at 100 yards" made me really regret selling it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts