M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldn't figure out where to post this so I figured you cant loose posting it here. Mods are free to move this to the forum they see fit.

After upgrading a Norinco M-14S for a friend, I am now dead set on picking one up, as I was highley impressed not with the machining quality ( which I straightened out ) but overall design, even morso then the Springfield.
As you may have guessed by now, I am not interested in origionality or resale value. I am interested in something to turn in to the rifle I want it to be and hang on to for life.
I would like to know of any resources for picking one up, which I am hopeing to have enough money to do in mid-late January or early febuary.
Polytech or Norinco. Doesn't matter. All that matters is getting it in to this 3rd world state of California, with consideration in removing the flash surppressor since their is a very speciffic California legal muzzle attachment I am set on installing, even if I legally could have a flash surpressor.
More or less, I am just looking for resources to finding one, such as stores who may have them, people who cary them etc.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I don't think they are importable at this time and I don't remember any who have remaining stocks on hand . Some sources you may want to check are , gun shows , high power shooters and the sale boards of the forums . The gunsmiths who put together the match rifles for the competiters tend to know who may have one they'd part with .

Jack

·
Registered
863 Posts
poly prices

I have been looking for one for about a year finaly found one at a local shop on the used rack for $450 and had never been fired. Still had the original cosmoline on the face of the bolt. My suggestion is to keep looking. there are some very good deal on the polys if you are willing to wait for one to pop up.

The guy who sold mine deals mostly with hunting guns and handguns. He turned up his nose and said "aw, thats one of those cheap china made copys, its not the real thing!" :roll: he had took it on trade or consenment.

There have been some very nice ones that I have looked at come across the forums sell pages. some have already had the bolt swap and sold for good prices $400 and up. the gun show, I went to this weekend had one. a brand new in the box for around $900. I don't think he sold it either.
Gator shooter

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha 44 Canon,

One of your best bets at getting a Poly or Norinco is the "PX" section of this board or you could check on GunsAmerica, Gun Broker, etc. I always see Poly's up for sale.

The last Poly that I had came from a board member and it was a "fun" shooter as received! I would gladly buy another. :lol:

Aloha,

Tom O.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
As a veteran home gunsmith, I alwayse look at a guns smithing potential when I buy, not the preasent condition, origionality etc. Some of the finest shooting guns i've ever owned, I bought as unopperative gun smith specials and old beaters.
In this respect, I am more fond of the Chinese coppies then the Springfield. Out of the box, I have never been impressed with them, but after going through the innerds and upgrading one, I fell in love with it, and i'me sure the owner, who says he's going to pick it up later this week ( and as the man who recomended me to this forum, he will probably have a few things to say about it ) will as well.
Right now, I am scrapeing pennies to come up with the $ to buy a Bluegrass Viper receiver before AB-50 takes affect, but after the new year, as a professional stock maker who survices the M-14, I am going to be picking one up as quick as possable.
I am interested in the gunlist deal. Any links?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.