M14 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at a Houston gunshow a few weekends ago and saw a Polytech with serial no. 028xx on the heel of the receiver. What is the serial no. range when Polytech changed from the heel to the side of the receiver?
By the way the rifle was all original and as new condition, with one 20rnd mag. The dealers asking price was $1000 and it did'nt sell.

Truman

·
Banned
10,629 Posts
Don't know when Polytech started putting the serial# on the underside. I thought they all had it on the receiver heel. Could this possibly been a Norinco? In either case they can usually be had for under $700. So the price of $1000 was kinda steep. Maybe Different will pipe in and help us out with the correct info.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How have you been Hawk? It was a Polytech, I own serial no. 0043x and have owned serial no. 017xx, both have the serial no. on the heel of the receiver like a Springfield. I saw this one in the 2800 range and was wondering when Polytech made the change to the side of the receiver. The bigHouston gunshow is this weekend, are you going to be able to make it?

Truman

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Six, I agree, that is steep for a Poly. That rifle had the highest serial no. on the heel that I have seen. I was just wondering what serial no. range they made the change over.

·
Registered
5,610 Posts
Truman,
I will be there this weekend , so I guess you will have some competion there on all those Poly's and 14 stuff :roll: !!!! I will be looking mainly for high quality / low price parts and maybee a cheap POLY . I know of the whereabouts of one for $600. See you there ! Mike

1 - 10 of 10 Posts