M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody here can tell a poly or norinco on one of the ones without anything on the heel by the serial number please let me know and I will email you my serial and then I can find out for sure what the heck my rifle is. I bought it around 1990 and have the receipt to prove it's preban status but The dealer didn't even know who made it. I think he called it an SA. I know it's not. It is a chicom receiver with the threaded hole in the right side of the receiver ring. Sure has been a good rifle so it really doesn't matter to me but the insurance company would like to know the manufacturer and since it is now a fully customized sniper I am gonna have fun insuring it. If anyone here has any tips for insuring a very expensive custom homemade rifle I am all ears.

·
"Staff Alumni"
2,653 Posts
Different
AFAIK, some Norinco M14 rifles have no receiver markings except a serial number hidden by the stock. Can you post the serial number with XX for the last two digits?
I just bought a Norinco a few months ago and was trying to figure out how one could tell if it was a Norinco. From what I have read is that if not stamped on heal then stamped on the side. Mine was not stamped on the side it doesnt say Norinco any where on it. At least now I know Im not the only one. I woonder if Norinco put no stamping on it thinking the importer would stamp the receiver :?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Steve k said:
I woonder if Norinco put no stamping on it thinking the importer would stamp the receiver :?
All of the current production M305's that I've seen have "Norinco M14s" stamped on the rear-left side of the receiver. No importer marks at all.
Sames goes for my Nork T33 Tokarev and NP30 1911A1 clones.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.