M14 Forum banner

Poly Mark14

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Deucer01 
#1 · (Edited)

Just picked it up from my FFL yesterday. Fulton Armory USGI conversion in 1999 with a TRW bolt, HR oprod, WRA barrel, trigger internals (Poly housing was retained), iron sights, and gas system. Also has a Brookfield guide rod, SEI GLFS, and DCFH.

I intended to return to a USGI stock but the Sage is growing on me and appreciating it's recent military history. I do need to source some medium height rings so I can move the scope forward a bit more.

See less See more
#2 ·
Very nice rifle. I like the sage stock, just a little too much money for me. I recently took a bunch of m1 garand parts and built a nice spare trigger group out of a poly trigger housing. It worked out very nicely. Does your rifle still have the original poly t barrel? They are very good barrels and I have found them to be capable of good accuracy. Enjoy your new stick.

Just re read your post saw that the barrel was replaced.

#3 ·
Hi,
I have an early Poly FA done by Clint McKee.

I bought it from a club member who actually lived down the road from Clint's shop at the time.

The gentleman only wanted $700 when I heard about it and wanted cash which I did not have at the time.

Tried to trade for it but he wanted money.

As I work out of town I went to work for a couple of months KNOWING I'd missed a great deal.

A couple months later ran into the guy and asked who bought the rifle?

He STILL had not sold it and I grabbed it of course!

FA always changes the barrels on their Poly Conversions!

I have been buying the SAGE stocks on Black Fridays Sales and now have 2 for both my Poly rifles!

#7 ·
She's side marked. Love Polys too. I have two others, one original except USGI walnut and flash hider. Another with a USGI bolt, trigger group, sights, flash hider, fiberglass stock, and gas cylinder (unitized). Latter shoots almost MOA with FGMM. Both side-marked.

#9 ·
Update and Range Report

Replaced the PA 1-6x with a 4-14x scope in Vortex medium rings. Rings allowed me to move scope forward for proper eye relief. Test fired and sighted in with Perfecta .308 from Walmart. Functioning was perfect. The trigger although clean is very heavy. Will need to get it tuned. Scope was nice and clear and adjustments tracked predictably. Below target is the 5-shot group at 100 yds, max range at Markham. I miss AZ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.