M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw some PMC 308 ,I think it was 168gr in a red and white box, its made in Korea. The price was about $10 a box . Anybody use this and more important, is it quality ammo or should I pass on it?
Thanks

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Don't pass on it, buy it, PMC is Decent Ammo, Boxer Primed!
PS I'll move this to the Ammo Bunker!

·
Registered
623 Posts
I believe it is made in s.korea by a reputable company(that ibelieve make 7.62 nato) I e-mailed them to see if they still loaded Barnes bullets for hunting.They were nice enough to get back with me promptly and say not at the present time,possibly in the near future and point out that that they had ammo that was fmj and acceptable for m1a .
Pretty considerate of them.

Their old 30-06 barnes in 165 grains shot 1.25" in my garand for the first 3 rounds.A deer didnt stand much of a chanceGITEN

·
Registered
5,679 Posts
I guess PMC still produces M80 ball, headstamp PS and year. It shoots like U.S. M80 ball, clean & reliable, accurate enough for the 200 yard line. I have a few hundred rounds from way back, packaged in brown 20 rd boxes. I forget if it's one or two factories but that ammo company in S Korea is reputed to be a huge operation cranking out military and sporting ammo shipped all over the planet.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I have not shot PMC's 308, but I have been shooting their 223 since the mid 80's, back when a box of 20 was less the 2 bucks. The 223 shot great.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Good stuff. I would buy it if I were you. I still have about 200rds of it left, and would buy more if I could find some. All the PMC I have is 150gr FMJ from the 80,s.

Edit: This stuff is pkg in cardbord boxes. No color on the boxes themselves

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Ten Rounds PMC 55gr out of a 1in8 AR 15 Match Rifle at 100yds, I dont believe I could have done better with 69gr FGMM, which is the Best out of this Rifle!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts