M14 Forum banner

Plastic case

1303 Views 6 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  chief on one
I just received my new m1a today....It includes a coupon for discounted accessories...I need to get a case for it and it has a plastic case for a pretty good deal....UNLESS....that case is complete junk....does anyone own this case and have any pictures off it?
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
480 Posts
Don't know what SA offers as a "case" for the M1A but I know the military use Pelican #1750 for their rifles. these go for about $200 new on fleabay shipped which is what the last one cost me a couple of months ago. With the investment of a Supermatch the last thing I want is to have the rifle banged around. I have another for my Remington 700 Sendero (my long shot rifle). My Bush M1A is a padded case by Bulldog but may stick that in a Pelican #1720 (shorter #1750). Anyway, I take care of my investments. You can buy just one case & purchase multiple form inserts for the inside for each rifle. There's lots of options to fit your wallet. JMO.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I'm aware of pelican products...I own one for my Sig 556...I assume the case they offer would be NOTHING near the quality of a pelican...just wanting a basic case to travel back and forth to the range..it will stay in the safe most the time

· Registered
480 Posts
I do have a "cheapo" plastic gun case I use to send my rifles in when having work done on them. I also have a cardboard box that fits it perfectly. I have used this to transport the rifles to the range at times but I save it for the times when I need work done on any of my rifles. It is light & keeps shipping costs down & does a fine job of protecting my rifles.

· Premium Member
289 Posts
If you don't have the money for a Pelican case you look at some the Plano rifle cases that are cheaper. Depending on what you plan on doing with your rifle. The one my JRA M14 was shipped in as a fairly inexpensive case but it is good for shipped to my FFL and I use the same case to take it to the range. I might buy another heavier case in the future.

Plano Molding | Hunting | Rifle Cases | Shop

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.