M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty interested in buying my first M1A rifle, probably from Fulton Armory. I really want a pistol grip style stock, but I really don't like the insanely tactical looking versions that I see floating around (including in Fulton's catalog). What I'd really like is a walnut or laminate pistol grip stock with matching hand guard. Any idea where I might find something like this?

·
Registered
4,964 Posts
I'm pretty interested in buying my first M1A rifle, probably from Fulton Armory. I really want a pistol grip style stock, but I really don't like the insanely tactical looking versions that I see floating around (including in Fulton's catalog). What I'd really like is a walnut or laminate pistol grip stock with matching hand guard. Any idea where I might find something like this?
I thought the trigger felt a bit odd on the m1as I've shot with pistol grips like sage stocks etc. But if that is your thing then an E2 stock is what you want.

Also I don't know what your finances are like but Fulton's prices for complete rifles range from silly to just plain crazy. If I'm spending 3000 on a rifle it better have a custom barrel that's been chambered by a great smith and not a 240$ criterion.

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,298 Posts
Pistol Grip Stock

I have a few Choate pistol grip stocks available. The butt folds on the right side and the stock is made of polymer. PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know the cost. They are fairly inexpensive. I cannot seem to add a photo to PMs, so here is an attachment. Note that the rifle is not included, however, this particular rifle is available. It is a Rock-Ola that I custom built.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have a few Choate pistol grip stocks available. The butt folds on the right side and the stock is made of polymer. PM me if you are interested and I'll let you know the cost. They are fairly inexpensive.
Thanks for the reply, Ted. I'm looking for a traditional looking wood or laminate one, though. If one doesn't show up in the next month I'll probably just get a regular walnut stock.

Anyone have any thoughts on a wood hand guard? I think they look nicer than the plastic ones, but I'm not sure if they harm heat dispersion from the barrel or cause other sorts of issues.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

·
Registered
4,912 Posts
Tony Law made me a custom walnut handguard to match the very nice color and grain of a stock I have. I am in the middle of finishing it today. The price was good, the work was perfect, and the service was top-shelf. I plan to get a complete custom stock made by him eventually. You may have to wait a few weeks, but he will make a matching handguard of walnut or whatever you need.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
Am I going to need to buy different metal for it? I was just going to send a stock to Fulton to use on my rifle build, as they don't make custom stocks.
Not for the build, for the stock. E2 stocks are easy to find but the original associated parts such as the forward hand grip and the butt pad / plate can be harder to find and expensive. If you are not so much concerned with an original historically correct E2 then you could take the basic E2 wood stock and use, for example, a Treeline butt pad and a forward rail to which you could mount a Harriss type bipod and a foreward vertical grip...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Checked Fred's, they didn't have any. Law483 has such a huge backlog of orders he wont take any for a year. I ordered my rifle from Fulton earlier today with just a standard walnut stock. I'll have to live with that for a while. Excited about my first M1A either way, got the enhanced service rifle version!

·
Premium Member
7,945 Posts
Checked Fred's, they didn't have any. Law483 has such a huge backlog of orders he wont take any for a year. I ordered my rifle from Fulton earlier today with just a standard walnut stock. I'll have to live with that for a while. Excited about my first M1A either way, got the enhanced service rifle version!

I'm wondering why you didn't try Treeline, they have birch E2 stocks and hardware?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.