M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
354 Posts
Its interesting that many of your buddies are "Iron sights" guys and there are only a few telescopes in the crowd. I never saw a scope on a M14/M1A until I got out of the service. There is a special fun in doing the iron sights thing. After all it is a battle rifle. :D ..SP/4 Twiggy

PS. Not that scopes are not fun and even nessary for old duffs like me who can't see :!:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here are the rest of the pictures.

Dig-
The WC stock isnt mine. The rifle belongs to a shooter I know.

The first one is a Whamo Camo job. He is getting another WC stock for his scout.

The second stock was one that was redone with Tru-Oil and was originally purchased from Freds. The rifle looked pretty darn fantastic.

The Third rifle is mine. Its a Night Stalker Job done custom for me by Karsten Custom Camo. I wanted a stock that would disappear at night. The stock is textured vs the smooth finish on the WC Desert Stock. We have some darn good artists in the M14 community. Now when I get the rule of twos down. I'm gonna have to hunt for an artist who does a Leopard Print or a Kitty Stripe pattern. (Dont ask me why)

The rest of the stocks are pretty much your garden variety birch or walnut. One of the SuperMatch M1As had the stock refinished.

The Battlerifles.com meet was so that locals could meet up and do some shooting, share some toys and just plane have a good time. We hold them for The High Road now and then in the Bay Area in the Davis region.
They are alot of fun. The best part is everyone shares!!!

Twiggy-
Most of the guys find it a hoot to outshoot the deer guys with their bolt rifles using open sights. :) Along with the M1As that came out with iron sights just about everyone brought out one rifle with a set of glass. :)
Not photographed were several Remington 700s.....one with a NightForce scope and another with a German Scope....big dollars. Two 10/22s match type rifles, and CZ rifles.

It was a good time.

I highly recommend setting up a shoot in the area that you live in. Its alot of fun and you get to make some lifelong buddies!

Take care

45R

·
Premium Member
1,056 Posts
45R,

Great pictures! Especially the one of the WC Close up! Very Nice!

So you're in northern Kalifornia, that explains all the Muzzle Brakes in the line up :)

I should get a S. CA M1A/M14 shoot together one of these days.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oneshot-
That was the Davis range. I usually post at Battlerifles.com It was a good time. I am thinking another shoot in Feb. Check at BR for updates. We need more stocks out there.

I'd love to get a close up of the Karsten Custom Camo Stock, a stock thats been redone by Quag and one by WC. The lighting was wayyyy tooo bring and I kept getting glare off the WC stock. :( There is always next time.

Best

45R

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.