M14 Forum banner
61 - 73 of 73 Posts

· Registered
33 Posts
I was on the island of Kauai looking generally in the direction of Oahu. Very close to the Pacific misstle test range.
Interesting. I spent lots of time at Barking Sands (PMRF). They're capable of capturing telemetry at very long range. Such a ship would be more likely found downrange from Vandenberg or Kwajelein. Then again, it might have been heading to Pearl to grab some vittles and fuel.

Anybody have a better idea?

· Premium Member
22,383 Posts
Interesting. I spent lots of time at Barking Sands (PMRF). They're capable of capturing telemetry at very long range. Such a ship would be more likely found downrange from Vandenberg or Kwajelein. Then again, it might have been heading to Pearl to grab some vittles and fuel.

Anybody have a better idea?
Thanks for the info.
We spend a lot of time at Poliholi every year. Can't get much closer to Barking Sands than that. My father in law was stationed there during WWII.

· Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,651 Posts
This was from TET 68 on my boat. I'am on the twins. Long time ago.
Just Like Yesterday...

Except we were a lot younger!

GI2

Great Photo!

CAVman in WYoming

· Registered
64 Posts
Thought I'd share some of my great grandpa's pics, CWO Charles Otho Phillips he served in ww1 and ww2, buried in Arlington national cemetery

Attachments

· Registered
1,887 Posts
Okay, Okay…this is a little off topic, but I had to share… I got this one a few years back from one of my SSBN-620 Boat Gold Crew Shipmates Lee, an ETC(SS)(Ret.).. After retiring from the Navy Lee put in 20+ years with NASA… Enjoy my fellow Submarineers and all others too… (It may be old news but still applicable)….

310 Boat Submarineer Snipe Senior Controllerman making it happen so all the “riders” forward can have a nice ride…

Outstanding!

61 - 73 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.