M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Mine originated as a "loaded", but I had the stock bedded and my trigger worked on. The "loaded" model is definitely sub MOA capable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
How's your cheek weld with that set up? Does the sadlak mount keep everything low enough where you can keep your cheek on the stock? I was thinking about scoping my scout in a similar fashion, but after shooting my buddy's scout with an eotech on the forward rail I found myself lifting my head up in order to look through the sight. I assumed any optic configuration would result in me having to lift my head or get a cheek riser.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
How's your cheek weld with that set up? Does the sadlak mount keep everything low enough where you can keep your cheek on the stock? I was thinking about scoping my scout in a similar fashion, but after shooting my buddy's scout with an eotech on the forward rail I found myself lifting my head up in order to look through the sight. I assumed any optic configuration would result in me having to lift my head or get a cheek riser.

Even with a low mount and optic you'll still be shooting with a chin weld. I've messed around with scouts outfitted with a scout style scope and it isn't much of an improvement. If you go with the scout optic it doesn't hurt to get a cheap strap on cheek rest. Makes your shooting experience a lot for comfortable, therefor, funner.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have not had it to the range yet as the scope just arrived a few hours ago, but, it appears to allow for a decent cheek weld.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even with a low mount and optic you'll still be shooting with a chin weld. I've messed around with scouts outfitted with a scout style scope and it isn't much of an improvement. If you go with the scout optic it doesn't hurt to get a cheap strap on cheek rest. Makes your shooting experience a lot for comfortable, therefor, funner.
That's what I thought. Thanks for the input.

I have not had it to the range yet as the scope just arrived a few hours ago, but, it appears to allow for a decent cheek weld.
Looking forward to the range report.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hopefully this weekend!

Next I want to add a sadlak front rail and an LT706 bipod...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.