M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As promised, the pictures of M1A's #000376 and #000377 are up! I got away from work a little early today and wanted to make good my promises...

Seeing the two rifles together is a thrill! The look and appearance of both are striking... but you be the judge...

M1A #000377 is in the front and the M1A #000376 is in the back.

I hope you enjoy the pics! And keeping to forum rules, I posted only 6... but there are more... GI6

Aloha and Happy Holidays!!!

Tom O.

·
Retired
4,769 Posts
Wow, both rifles are just plain gorgeous!!! I'm OD green with envy.

·
Registered
3,649 Posts
A pair of beauties!! You must be a proud Dad!!

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Those serial numbers so cool. You just don't see that very often. They are beautiful and the only thing wrong is that I don't own them. Thanks for the post and it would not hurt my feelings if you posted a few more pics.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Sequential serial numbers, that is too cool. Excellent score.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Man those are gorgeous. I would love to see those at Koko Head! GITEN

Are those the stocks they came with or the special type of stocks I have seen on your webpage?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Again, Thanks for those nice remarks... it is deeply appreciated. GI6

The stocks pictured are the stocks that #000377 was put in and the stock that came on #000376. Just by chance they are so similar in wood, grain and finish... just a coincidence.

I have not stripped both rifles down to do a full comparison, but both rifles have SAK NM barrels but that is about all I know for now.

I will gauge and inspect the rifles at the first chance I get.

Again, thanks for being so supportive! GI6

Aloha and Happy Holidays!

Tom O.

The NEW YEAR is coming!

·
Registered
6,577 Posts
WOW. what's the story? have you posted it in another thread?

·
Super Moderator
11,173 Posts
seperation at birth??

Great looking rifles, I was wondering how far apart they were distance wise before there reunion?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The original thread is here... http://m14tfl.com/upload/showthread.php?t=92738 .

At the time I purchased these rifles, #000377 was in Florida and #000376 was in Hawaii! The person in Florida did not say how he came to be in possession of his rifle, but there is a history of how the 376 came into the hands of the person in Hawaii.

If only the rifles themselves could talk... I would love to know the history of each of these rifles.GI6

Aloha and Happy Holidays,

Tom O.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Nice pair and your wood looks good too. Man that almost don't sound right to say to another man. You are a lucky man to find a set like that.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on your latest DEVINE purchase, Tom. How many is that now, FIVE? If you keep this up, you'll soon have one of your homemade rifle racks dedicated only to Devine's! BGRIN1
Special pic request please: I'm anxious to see pics of your barrel markings on each and their positions on the barrels.

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Tom, are there any Texas address barrel markings on serial number 000376? Congrats, BTW. GITEN

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have only gave #376 a quick look but there are no address markings in the usual location beneath the exposed barrel opposite the NM marking.

The seller did not mention any barrel markings that he remembered other than the barrel being a SAK barrel. I will take a look but it may not have any barrel markings.

Aloha and Happy Holidays,

Tom O.

·
Super Moderator
11,173 Posts
Thats some distance apart FL to HI, you can also say its well traveled. All you need is 375 or 378 are you in the hunt?

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi Phil!

Heck yeah! If #375 or #378 was available, I would definitely be interested. Of course, it would depend on whether funds were available or not... this economy has kicked my butt good! I wish I had the funds when Different sold his rifle... that would have made me extremely happy!

Charlie,

The seller informed me that when he purchased #376 the stock was all but trashed so he put the rifle in a Fajen match stock and had it bedded. So I really don't know if it had a JJH in the stock originally.

I do have the stock from #377 (which looked trashed) so I put it in the stock you see in the pictures. I will take a look and see if there is a JJH in the stock. I did notice that the parts were not numbered to the receiver from what I have seen on either rifle.

M1AScout/Different:

I checked both rifles pretty well and was not able to find any markings aside from the SAK manf. marks.

With both rifles out of the stocks, the rifles appear remarkably alike.

Happy New Years!

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts