M14 Forum banner

Pics anyone ...

3K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  Jack Stanley 
#1 ·
Please post any pics you may have of these rifles? Sahauptan had one for sale in the PX section but it has been removed ... damn as I wanted to get the pic he had a beauty!!! Thanks and cheers my fellow M-14forum poster,

Otokiak ... 8)
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Jack - you've gotta stop posting pics like that or you're gonna give me "heart palpitations". :lol: :lol: :lol:

Congrats - they are beautiful. :arm9:

Here's a pic of my 03 Springfield before I got her all spiffied up.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v20/duckbuck/1903Springfieldright400.jpg
Otokiak - You have to have one of each!!! :arm36: I absolutely love my 03 Springfield and it can shoot better than I can, but the sights on my 03/A3 are a little easier on my old eyes. Besides - the 30-06 cartridge is nothing to sneeze at - it hits HARD. :arm12: I'm not sure I'd want to shoot too much heavy-bullet, souped-up ammo through them, but "bro' bear" would definitely know he was in a scrap. I'd still want a .375 H&H mag, minimum, for those monsters you've got roaming around up there - maybe a .458 Win Mag!!!:arm2:

Hope you find a good one. Let us know if you do.

db

#4 ·
That is a nice collection of 03 Springfields you have there Jack Stanley. I only have a 03A3 that is nice piece that I got from one of my neibors how got it from his grandmother and he did not want a gun in his house because of his 2 young boys. I was more than happy to buy it from him and put it in my safe with my loaded package M1A.

#6 ·
You really need to get one

Jack
I am currently waiting for 3 gents to reply to me on the CDNgunnutz wed-site about their 1903 Springfields. Those are beauty's Jack ... swiiiing! ;) Curious what the difference between the 03 and the 03/A3 Jack?

Otokiak - You have to have one of each!!! I absolutely love my 03 Springfield and it can shoot better than I can, but the sights on my 03/A3 are a little easier on my old eyes. Besides - the 30-06 cartridge is nothing to sneeze at - it hits HARD. I'm not sure I'd want to shoot too much heavy-bullet, souped-up ammo through them, but "bro' bear" would definitely know he was in a scrap. I'd still want a .375 H&H mag, minimum, for those monsters you've got roaming around up there - maybe a .458 Win Mag!!!

Hope you find a good one. Let us know if you do.

db
Ubluukut(good day) DuckBuck, how goes it? I am currently waiting on a few as I wrote above. I plan on shooting my nanuq(polar bear) next season with my M14/M1A though .308 ... guess we'll see when the time comes?! I like the idea of a bolt-actioned 30-06, plus the 1903 just looks sweet in my books! This may sound like a dumbass question, but was the rifle in "Saving Private Ryan" a Springfield 1903 with a scope?(Barry Pepper was the sniper character in the film). Sweet looking rifle DB ... take care and cheers!

Did you acquire your '03 and A3 with the C stocks, or did you put them on yourself afterwards?
RGL01 what are C stocks? Could you explain a bit more as I'm just learning about these Springfields?! Thanks ... and cheers,

Otokiak(Jason Todd)
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA
p.s. it was -71 degree's celsius here on Friday ... not sure what that is in fahrenheit .... but daaaaaaaaaamn it was wicked cold out! 8O

p.p.s. thanks for posting pics gents ... hopefully we'll see more?! You are all awesome!!!

#7 ·
Ubluukut - Otokiak :D

This isn't about rifles because you got me curious about the cold up there where you live.

I found a Celsius to Fahrenheit conversion chart and at -71 C. it was -95.8 degree F. at your place .8O 8O 8O I can't even imagine temps that cold - sure hope the wind isn't blowing. At that temperature, I wouldn't move from the house for anything unless it was to get some more wood for the fire. :lol:

I can't recall the rifle from the movie, but I found a couple of sites that have what appears to be some cool info about the 1903 Springfield rifle in it's various configurations (with pics, yet!)

labradorman.com

olive-drab.com

This is also a good site to find out info and ask questions of collectors and shooters. There's a forum there all about the 1903 Springfield. Thought you might enjoy surfing a little until it warms up a bit. :D :D :D

jouster.com

Have a good one and stay warm.

db

#8 ·
The "C" stock on the right came that way . Rifle number two got it's stock from a guy who bought it about forty years ago and didn't need it .

The first two are 03's , the next two are A3's . Ignore the stocks and look at the sights and the difference will be obvious .

I'm glad y'all like 'em .

Jack

#10 · (Edited by Moderator)
#12 ·
:D RGLO1! My Wife gave me that for a Christmas Present about 20 years ago, It came with that Stock, the Stock is Walnut with no Cartouches or Markings, my best Guess is that the Previous Owner put it on or it was put on as a Replacement at some Arsenal :questexl:

#13 ·
Ublaakut(good morning) Duckbuck/fellow forum members, with the windchill this morning it is - 43 degrees celsius ... not bad as lately it's been around - 60 celsius ... daaaaaaamn wicked cold winter I tell you! HAHA. Thanks for the links to those sites DB ... very cool!!! 8)

Jack Stanley, once again you have sweeet beautiful rifles! The 3 I found on CGN site fell thru ... either wrong price, non matching #'s, etc ... the one I did find and liked for price and was matching ... the gent figured he'd keep it a bit longer after researching the rifle more ... daaamn! :mad:

RGL01, I didn't even notice the pistol grip on the stocks til I read your post ... thanks ... so much for observation on my part eh?! HAHA :roll:

Trung Si, very nice ... indeed! Me likey this rifle very much! 8)

Thanks again for the help, info, pics, etc as you are all great ... cheers my neighbours to the south,

Otokiak ... 8)
Rankin Inlet, NU
CANADA

p.s. Duckbuck, I just heard that our nanuq(polar bear) quota was changed and an extra 2 tags are apparently been put out ... just waiting on our local wild-life officer to call me back to confirm ... crossing my fingers! ;)

#17 ·
Karsten , it's good to see you posting sir ! It looks like Clayton is hanging up his spurs and I didn't get my project finished . I got all the parts but the barrel in a box and was waiting for him to call me when he finished harvesting his cotton . He must have decided to follow other things :( To bad 'cause his work really looks nice .

Jack

#19 ·
I very seldom post on this forum, since I am more content to reading all the information that others have already posted.

Anyways, I just spent the morning scrummaging through what the CMP had available. My goal was to get out of there with atleast 3 Greek RGs and a 1903, but I was kind of disappointed to find out that they only had 10-15 of the RGs available. With the lowest MW being in the 1.5, I thought I found a winner, but was turned off to find out it had a TE of 7. So, needless to say, I didn't come home with any Greek RGs. But....I did come home with 2 HRA SGs and a Mark I 1903, so I wasn't all too disappointed.

Here is a picture of what I came home with. The Mark I is in the process of being thoroughly cleaned out, but will post more pictures of it in the coming days.

Modified to conform to forum rules. - Mod.

#20 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.