M14 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Non-import marked Inland made in August 1944. Finish is @ 85% or better & is dark green in color. I'm thinking it was reparked at some point. The stock is low wood walnut and is in really nice shape. The barrel gauges 1.5 at the muzzel with a bright and shiny bore.

Particulars:

S/N: 5,153,***
Barrel: Marked Inland Mfg. Div. General Motors 44 (3 lines). The month stamp is missing, although the year stamp is offset to make room for it. 8O The barrel also has a couple of small P stamps, as well as an HI (on the flat underside of the barrel near the receiver).
Barrel Band: bayonet lug, Diamond D mark
Slide: PI
Bolt: Round, marked IO with a sideways 1 next to the mfg mark
Rear Sight: adjustable, marked I.R. Co. 7160060
Trigger Group: Inland (Inland spelled out inside a vertical rectangle, curved in on the sides & out on top.)
Hammer: H.I. or H.1. (?)
Mag Catch: M2 type, marked <u>M</u>
Recoil Lug: Looks to be cast (I can see a seam on the underside), with what might be an 11 marked on the underside. No other markings.
Stock: Marked RSG in the slingwell, so it's most likely a Saginaw stock.

Thanks to Wayne across the street for letting me know when it was made and what some of the markings mean.

The last two pics show the stock markings. I've no idea what the hand carved 5 & 03 on the left of the butt stock signifies. I'm guessing that it's a unit rack number?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Boomer, I'm pretty happy with it. Will take it to the range for the 1st time in a few hours, so I'll know for sure if it's a keeper then.

THe dealer also had a nice looking Saginaw & I'm having to fight to keep myself from going back & buying it too. 8O

Good luck on your Rock-ola stock!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Good looking outfit. Nice photos. Hopefully it will shoot as well as it looks. Wayne is a great resource.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just got back from the range:

No failures or problems with the Carbine at all, it functioned flawlessly. :D

While sighting it in:

25 yds: Ragged 1" hole.
50 yds: 2.75" groups
100 yds: 6" groups

The group size at 100 yards is all me, as I'm definately not the world's best shot. It's a sweet little rifle though, dependable & pretty darn accurate for a Carbine, even with the Korean surplus ammo I was shooting.

This one's a keeper!! :D :D :D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.