M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone and everyone, my pic request is for pictures of original heel markings of M14 national match rifles and XM21 rifles. If by chance any of you guys see any in the museums or NG armories, or wherever, please take pics of any heels that are marked with the NM or the XM21 markings. I will continue to bump this page up for as long as I can. Please contribute.I'll start with the West Point XM21, and one I think is from the Australian museum so you guys know what I'm asking for. TIA.

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
The only "XM21" marked one that I have seen was electro-penciled on the flat of the heel right behind the sight base. It was on a TRW receiver with green and dark spotted (50 cent sized ovalish shaped spots) Painted wood stock.

Years ago I saw a T-44E5 (Marked on the side - a prototype from Mathewson tool) that was also a semi-auto Hahn-reweld. That was one that got away that should have not. I was with in a $200 difference with the owner over the price. Just barely over the thousand mark. That was in year 2000 or so,and I learned a lesson, now when I see it, and I want it, I buy it. I may dicker on the price, but I will pay the price if I really want it.

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Art,we all know you love the BULA receivers but those receivers are just not my cup of tea.i like the traditional look of the M14,i know they are nice for mounting optics but to each there own,id prefer using a Arms or Brookfield and have it look like a real M14 should.

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Art,we all know you love the BULA receivers but those receivers are just not my cup of tea.i like the traditional look of the M14,i know they are nice for mounting optics but to each there own,id prefer using a Arms or Brookfield and have it look like a real M14 should.

Can I get an Amen Brother!

Amen.

Ren

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The whole idea of this thread is to observe/study ORIGINAL USGI NM and XM21 marked receivers..
Much as I love seeing pics of peoples builds, Please guys, JUST USGI receivers.

·
Premium Member
5,197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Just something for you boys to look at while you are waiting for others.
At least mine are original marked XM21 heels and they shoot.

With a Hahn and an Armscorp in the thread already why not a little more variety.

Semper Fi
Art
I wrote the owner of the Armscorp and respectfully asked he remove his reply. Obviously as of now, he has not.
For the record, Hahn did NOT mark his receivers XM21. A reliable source and member here has spoken to Lloyd at length and Lloyd told him that he had purchased appox 250 demilled rifles out of Ft.Leonard Wood. IIRC he told me 7 of them had the XM21 marks on them. My source owns 2 of those 7.
Art, please don't get me wrong, I love seeing your builds. I thought my original post was pretty clear as to what I was looking for. Original USGI receivers.

·
Registered
8,787 Posts
Art,those Bula marked XM21 receivers are a bad representation of a True USGI XM21,i think its a joke how these companys jump on the names of some of the finest weapons produced and they have nothing in common.A pure marketing scheme and a diservice to the real XM 21 rifles.
My thoughts exactly, pure marketing and nothing to do with real XM21 M14 rifles. Of course they are not alone as SAI. and LRB have done the same thing hoping to boost sales, riding the coat tails of well known M14 variations.

The informed will know the difference but the novice will think they have the real deal XM21 or M25.

XM25RenGI2

·
Retired Admin
I lost all of my rifles & handguns in a mishap on Rio Grande when the barge hit a sandbar and sank.
19,126 Posts
Please everyone, keep the posts on track with the Original title above!

Reactions: XM25Ren
1 - 20 of 49 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.