M14 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is making the rounds on other forums...copied and pasted here:

Seeing Past Photobucket Hotlink Block, like this:

Photobucket has chosen to show you this block image instead of the original image. However, unless the user deleted their photobucket account, every old photobucket image is still linked on this website (and every other place on the internet).

There are Free Add-Ons available for both Chrome and Firefox, which will let you choose to see the original photo instead of the "ransom block" image, throughout the Internet.

For Chrome: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...=1515699540294

For Firefox:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...otobucket-fix/

With this, you can see everyone's old photobucket images in context on every thread and every website.

Uploading the patch, you're not doing photobucket any favors, giving them any money, agreeing with them - all you're doing is restoring your old knowledge base to where it was before the photobucket ransom

If you want to remove the add on later, go to Add-ons/Extensions and remove or disable it, or with Chrome, just right-click on your toolbar.

Hope this helps.

Who do you see after downloading the patch? Do you feel lucky?

·
Registered
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Photobucket is now charging to use it. Closed my account a few weeks ago.
Also the amount of advertisement is annoying . They charge for no adds too.

I agree 100% I no longer use photobucket I switched to Imugr.

This patch lets you see all the old forum pics, which there are many online that were uploaded via photobucket.

·
Registered
6,921 Posts
I have tried the patch a couple of times to no avail, but for posting here and most places no host is required so who cares? I do use imgur for one site I post on where a host is needed.

·
Registered
515 Posts
The fix did not work for me, seems Firefox removed it. I did however find a replacement for it, everything is hunky dorrey now

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Does'nt matter now evidently if you don't pay you cant even access the old accounts . All my old pics are gone and have tried multiple times to log in no luck. 1000's of dead threads now useless without the old pics.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts