M14 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from the SAR show in Phoenix. I walked it with Different and a FALfiles friend.

All I can say is WOW!! 8O 8O 8O

One guy had a select-fire SA M14, HR M14, TRW M14 and a Winchester M14. All four on the same table!!! They were next to a few select-fire BM59's and quite a few other full-autos.

There were so many Class 3 rifles there that pretty much whatever you wanted to see, it would be on a table somewhere!

Not too many people walking the Show. Probably because it is a work-day.

Also, if you are looking for Garands and Garand parts, GO THERE!! I never saw so many Garands and parts at a show.

I only saw 1 Beanie Baby table, 1 or 2 jerky tables, and 1 candle table. All other 3 buildings and 2 tents had guns, parts and knifes!!!!

Post what you saw...

azski

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh yea... the best part is that your $10 entry fee is good for all 3 days!!! They give you passes for Saturday & Sunday. No stamps that wash off before the next day's arrival.

azski

·
Registered
609 Posts
Azski,

I was supposed to be coming back down for this weekend just for the show, but can’t. I’m totally bummed now, sounds like a great show. I’ve gotten to go for the last two years and had a blast, easily the best two shows I’ve ever been to. Maybe next year.

Thanks for the report.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TB said:
Azski,

I was supposed to be coming back down for this weekend just for the show, but can’t. I’m totally bummed now, sounds like a great show. I’ve gotten to go for the last two years and had a blast, easily the best two shows I’ve ever been to. Maybe next year.

Thanks for the report.
Too bad. I would have liked to see ya again.

By the way, guess what I bought today.... I came home with an M14 gas plug and receipts for a $4.00 hot dog, a $2.50 coke, $10.00 entry fee (I forgot my $1.00 off coupon at home!!) and $5.00 parking. 8O

Too much to see confused me and I ended up not buying anything big. :x

Oh well, that means I still have a few hundred bucks for Sunday!!! And Sunday I won't be in such ahh that I'll actually try to spend some of it. :lol:

I need some AK74 mags and of course some ammo and who knows what else I can't live without but just don't know it yet. :lol: :lol:

azski

PS: Oops, I almost forgot. I actually made money today. I sold Different my USGI M2 bipod. Well, as soon as he pays me for it. 8) :lol: 8)

·
Registered
9,465 Posts
Thank you, azski. I'll check out the bipod and make payment as we discussed. Thanks again!

This gun show is definitely worth a road trip. The SAR building is the building to go to for all the Title 2 goodies. One dealer had Texas SA, Inc. M1A S/N 00204X. It has a standard USGI barrel, USGI M2 bipod and USGI M14E2 stock. He wants $2500.00. The same dealer also had a pre-'94 ban Illinois match grade M1A in a bedded walnut stock (S/N between 10000 and 20000) for $1200.00. I resisted but it wasn't easy. :lol:

I know of the Class 3 FFL selling the set of USGI M14 rifles through a mutual friend. This guy is legitimate. He comes highly recommended by one of my full auto shooting buddies. He had FOUR USGI NO SH!T REAL DEAL UNCUT M14 Rifles for sale. He offered to show me the ATF Forms 3 for them. He said they were released by the US DOE. The makes are one of each of the fabulous four (SA, W, HR, TRW). He is selling them as a set ONLY. Price is $75,000.00 (seventy-five thousand US dollars). I have the gentleman's business card if you are serious. To my surprise at least, the bolts are all USGI but not matched to the receivers except for the H&R model. The Winchester M14 looked like it had been reparkerized at some point. The TRW and Springfield Armory models looked to have the original parkerizing. The TRW model had a high S/N (1,49X,XXX). The Springfield Armory model had a 1XX,XXX S/N. They were dressed in USGI walnut or synthetic stock. Honestly, I was almost overwhelmed at the sight of them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

azski and I found a parts dealer that had a unissued USGI M2 bipod for sale. It had the swivel, yellow DAS, and the two "M" stampings on the leg pads. Price was $425.00. He also had an unissued H&R M14 barrel for $350.00. He was also selling a M14E2 fore grip for $175.00.

If that wasn't enough we found a Class 3 FFL that had an unfired NFA registered select fire Springfield Armory, Inc. M1A for sale. The serial number is 0387XX. It has a NM hooded rear sight, 0.072" NM front sight and a TRW bolt. This has to be one of the last SA, Inc. made. Price was $11,000.00. 8O

azski and I passed on all of these opportunities. But for any Daddy War Bucks out there head to the Phoenix show tomorrow or Sunday. Bring your check book. :lol:

I had a great time with azski. He's a gentleman and a super guy. He even let me fondle his Smith Enterprise select fire M14. 8) We talked his buddy into buying a Polytech Industries M14/S then showed him how to disassemble, clean and assemble it. :wink:

This is a day I'll always remember. :D

·
Registered
3,923 Posts
Aloha Guys:

I know I can't have one of them "full auto" guns, but I love hearing about them! Sounds like you had a major blast there! Well, maybe one day I will get to see one of those super big gun shows!

At least, I am planning on getting to COMDEX next year! No guns but a reason to be in Vegas! Maybe I can scrounge a pawn shop and look around! :lol: Man, beggars are not choosers... :lol:

Glad to hear you folks had fun!
'
Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.