M14 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Phil Robertson was suspended from Duck Dynasty for anti queer remarks .He didn't say anything that wasn't true but you know the CENSOREDGI correct society we live in. Great family the Robertson's ; about as wholesome American as you can get!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Well God forbid a man actually speak the truth these days which is exactly what Phil did.

This gay agenda in this country is getting shoved down our throats. If your son isn't gay at age 16 he isn't normal. I am sick of it.
If a gay person says something bad about hetero sexual people they get rewarded. Talk about a huge double standard.
http://www.cnn.com/2013/12/18/showbiz/duck-dynasty-suspension/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well God forbid a man actually speak the truth these days which is exactly what Phil did.

This gay agenda in this country is getting shoved down our throats. If your son isn't gay at age 16 he isn't normal. I am sick of it.
These people make me wretch . They defy nature . A normal person can't even make a statement of truth today without getting fired .

Reactions: TheDudeAbides1970

·
Registered
7,070 Posts
Let A&E know you want him back, they are going to be taking it from both ends. Pun intended.

Its a shame that you can't say what you see as the truth without someone getting offended.

The left is only for free speech and tolerance, when it what they want to hear and believe.

Progessivism, moral relativism, diversity and political correctness is destroying US.

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
I just sent an email to A&E stating that I and millions of Americans believe the same as Phil. He said nothing against any individual, only that he disagreed with their lifestyle. We don't condemn the sinner, just the sin.
Furthermore, as much as I enjoy Duck Dynasty I will not watch any A&E program as long as Phil is banned. I will also refrain from watching any program on any channel owned by A&E's parent corporation until Phil is back on the show.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I guess freedom of speech is only if you agree with everyone else.

I hope they start their own channel or take their show online, I'd watch it - I don;t watch anything else on A&E so I won't miss it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Wow, weird to see how my opinions/beliefs differ from everyone on this board. I'm not sure if you guys down south have been paying attention to the rest of the world, but acceptance of those with other than straight sexual preferences have been accepted around the world for quite a while now.. USA is just catching up.. there is no agenda to make everyone believe that gay is great or that being gay is better. We've had gay marriage up here for years & it just makes sense. If everyone thought rationally & didn't use a few thousand year old book to rationalize their hatred of something different than what they are interested in the world would be a better place. church attendance is declining world wide.. not to say there's anything wrong with being Christian but people need to wake up. I'll get flack for this post, but cmon. These old farts that are against someone having a different sexuality were the same ones who disliked people who are of colored skin..they're dying out & the world is a better place because of that without a doubt.

·
Resident Rascal
13,356 Posts
‘Duck Dynasty’: Phil Robertson Suspended Indefinitely Following Anti-Gay

DECEMBER 18, 2013 | 04:34PM PT

“Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson has been placed on indefinite hiatus from the reality program following his controversial remarks in GQ magazine regarding homosexuality. While the cast member has not officially been fired, he will not be filming with the show moving forward.

A+E Networks, parent company of A&E, has released the following statement to Variety:

“We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community.”

As noted in a previous Variety article, Robertson discusses in his GQ interview his religious beliefs and about sin, saying, “start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men.” Then, the GQ writer paraphrases Corinthians saying, “don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers — they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.”

Robertson added in the interview, “It seems like, to me, a vagina — as a man — would be more desirable than a man’s anus. That’s just me. I’m just thinking: There’s more there! She’s got more to offer. I mean, come on, dudes! You know what I’m saying? But hey, sin: It’s not logical, my man. It’s just not logical.”

“Duck Dynasty” has been a ratings juggernaut for A&E, recently drawing around 9 million viewers for its Christmas special. Gurney Prods.-produced program can move on without Phil Robertson attached to the series, as the bearded men at the center of the Robertson clan include Jase, Willie and Uncle Si, among others.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/duck-dynasty-ae-suspends-phil-robertson-following-gay-remarks-1200974473/

Time to call Comcast and tell them to get A&E off my TV!!

·
Registered
5,108 Posts
Wow, weird to see how my opinions/beliefs differ from everyone on this board. I'm not sure if you guys down south have been paying attention to the rest of the world, but acceptance of those with other than straight sexual preferences have been accepted around the world for quite a while now.. USA is just catching up.. there is no agenda to make everyone believe that gay is great or that being gay is better. We've had gay marriage up here for years & it just makes sense. If everyone thought rationally & didn't use a few thousand year old book to rationalize their hatred of something different than what they are interested in the world would be a better place. church attendance is declining world wide.. not to say there's anything wrong with being Christian but people need to wake up. I'll get flack for this post, but cmon. These old farts that are against someone having a different sexuality were the same ones who disliked people who are of colored skin..they're dying out & the world is a better place because of that without a doubt.
So freedom of speech only applies when you agree with the Liberal left?
Oh by the way the whole paying attention to the rest of the world are the same talking points gun grabbers use. "The rest of the world has gun control its time for the US to catch up"
I don't live "down south" I live in Ohio that is the North.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It's ok for folks to disagree with you . This is America and hopefully we will always have that right . Phil Robertson exersized that right and was fired for it . This is wrong whether people agree with him or not . I hope all the emails to A&E will get this reversed not just because it is a good show but because Phil Robertsons rights have been violated wrongly . He said nothing mean or nasty he merely answered a question in an interview . He should not be punished by A&E for it .

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
The point that you and so many others are missing is that you are hypocrites.

You claim to support the right of a minority to say and do as they please but deny those on the opposite side of the question the same right.

I don't hate homosexuals, I simply don't agree with their lifestyle. I will never support harassing a gay person because of their sexual activities but I have every right to say that I don't agree with them.

You people that feel that you have a right to force me to agree with you are mean spirited heterophobes, you're hateful and we need to start making the world aware of how cruel and hurtful your words are.

·
Registered
460 Posts
He never said anything other than the bible is clear that homosexuality is a sin and he himself finds it "not logical". Didn't say he hated homosexuals wasn't suggesting people hate them, nothing more than sharing his beliefs. Why is that no longer ok? Don't like him don't watch his show. I click past 95% of the crap on t.v. because I don't like the message they try to send. I don't try to go on a crusade to have any of them taken off the air.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I think it is exactly the reverse of what you say. I think the rest of the world is just a giant CRAP hole. The USA is not catching up to them, they are dragging us down to their level! And I for one do not like it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
That's Capitalism baby! Love it or leave it!

The corporate owners of A&E don't want their brand associated with his world view, that's THEIR right and it is the only right that matters.

Folks are welcome to create their own station and say what they want, and/or boycott this network, and/or try to amass enough people to convince the corporate guys to change their minds.

But stop deluding yourselves about free speech or other notions that don't apply here.

So I ask you: Are we capitalists or communists?

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If you read the entire Robertson article you will see Phil has no malice toward these people and said it is up to god to judge not him . But Phil Robertson also has rights as an American to say his beliefs ,and he was asked this question in the interview and answered honestly. Freedom of speech just doesn't apply when people agree with you, but rather is put to the test when people don't agree with you . You might not agree with what a persons views or beliefs are but the Constitution guarantees that they have the right to say them.

·
Registered
9,116 Posts
...If everyone thought rationally & didn't use a few thousand year old book to rationalize their hatred of something different than what they are interested in the world would be a better place.
Oh, and by the way, I just want to point out that I feel threatened by your disrespectful reference to my Bible, just like a Muslim feels when the Quran is treated with disdain. You need to adjust your attitude and be more accepting of people with other beliefs. But then I'm not surprised at your intolerance, after all, you are a hypocrite so you are simply acting in accordance with your nature.

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Duck Dynasty is one of the most popular shows on TV right now .I should think A&E needs the Robertson's more than the Robertson's need A&E

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.