M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
7,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is posted on The Blaze. Nice folks they have at PETA. It must be that they are so morally superior that it makes them horrible human beings.

PETA Writes Letter to Victim of Bear Mauling, Tells Her to Reflect on the Horror of an Attack

Camille Bomboy was the victim of a bear mauling Monday morning. (Image source: Facebook via We Are Central PA)

The 18-year-old was mauled by a mother bear Friday morning, reportedly suffering bite injuries and almost losing an ear before her father employed a rifle to scare the animal off.

A representative for the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals penned a letter on behalf of the organization to a bear mauling victim asking her to use the incident to rethink her position on hunting.

The letter, obtained by website We Are Central PA, was authored by Alicia Woempner, special projects division manager at PETA, to Camille Bomboy, 18.

“I am writing on behalf of PETA and our more than 3 million members and supporters, including thousands across Pennsylvania, to send our best wishes for your speedy recovery and ask you to take a few moments to reflect on this incident,” Woempner wrote.

“This seems to be a good opportunity to put yourself in the place of the individuals you and the rest of your hunting party were trying to kill,” the letter said. “As terrifying as it must have been to be attacked by a bear, please consider the frightening and painful experiences that hunters set out to impose upon animals.”

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12/15/peta-writes-letter-to-victim-of-bear-mauling-tells-her-to-reflect-on-the-horror-of-an-attack-before-hunting-again/#

·
Cranky Old Vietnam Vet
10,663 Posts
Reactions: GARRARD

·
Registered
231 Posts
It's my understanding that bear can taste very good... as long as it is smothered in very hot BBQ sauce. But then again, it's my understanding that everything tastes good, so long as it is accompanied with enough BBQ sauce.....

·
Registered
434 Posts
I would rethink my view on hunting if I was attacked. I would apply for a bear stamp if I didn’t that year…

Also, bear is very good in stew and chili, or in anything else that is slow cooked.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Maybe her response should be, yes I will lay here in contemplation.... Under my new bear skin blanket, while resting my head on my new bear cub pillows. I am very comfortable while I lay here recovering and reading the jerky thread on the M14 forum. Beings I have a lot of bear meat just laying around.

·
Registered
79 IHC Scout II, 74 VW Bug class 11 look a like
6,613 Posts
Is bear any good?
I remember years ago, Marlin Arms put a ad on the last page of Gun & Ammo magazine with recipe's for game animals and there was one for "Black Bear stew"
That looked pretty good.

If I was the girl I would send them a thank you letter with a ear in it.

Casey

·
Resident Rascal
13,357 Posts
I remember years ago, Marlin arm put a ad on the last page of Gun & Ammo magazine with recipe's for game animals and there was one for "Black Bear stew"
That looked pretty good.

If I was the girl I would send them a thank you letter with a ear in it.

Casey
I agree but where do you get the PETA member for the ear?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts