M14 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
POLITICO: Do you support red flag laws?

Peterson: Our research certainly supports them, because so many perpetrators are actively showing warning signs. They are talking about doing this and telling people they’re suicidal. But what Buffalo showed us is that just because you have a red flag law on the books doesn’t mean people are trained in how it works and how they should be implementing it.

=====================

Destroy the 6th, 5th and 2nd Amendments in the Bill of Rights because that person's research says we should. Go to China or Australia or Canada if you hate private firearm ownership and due process that protects common citizens.

These "mass shootings" are extremely rare. In my opinion the endless mass media coverage for weeks creates even more copy cats. The mainstream media loves the money they make from these murders and then the endless attacks on liberty.

·
Registered
8,968 Posts
POLITICO: Do you support red flag laws?

Peterson: Our research certainly supports them, because so many perpetrators are actively showing warning signs. They are talking about doing this and telling people they’re suicidal. But what Buffalo showed us is that just because you have a red flag law on the books doesn’t mean people are trained in how it works and how they should be implementing it.

=====================

Destroy the 6th, 5th and 2nd Amendments in the Bill of Rights because that person's research says we should. Go to China or Australia or Canada if you hate private firearm ownership and due process that protects common citizens.

These "mass shootings" are extremely rare. In my opinion the endless mass media coverage for weeks creates even more copy cats. The mainstream media loves the money they make from these murders and then the endless attacks on liberty.
You are correct of course.

MORE THAN A HOBBY, A PASSION!

REN🇺🇸

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I just don't see the justification for additional laws.

These people make threats openly on social media, or send messages stating their plans. Making death threats on a public platform shouldn't be a 1st Amendment issue.

They are giving notice of their unstable metal state. It's clear and obvious.

Is nobody listening?

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
Again, the correct questions are not being asked. How and why is our culture and country creating these kids? What has change in our society since the 60s that causes these kids not to have the resiliency to the negative influences. We've always had guns, we've always had bullies. We need to address the causes, not just the affects.

And yes, hardening the target is a good thing. It was the teachers and administration that by-passed the security and left the kids vulnerable.

The left (politicians and media) needs the deaths to justify more laws. Just like soldiers, the children are expendable; a drop in the bucket for the control that they can achieve.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Again, the correct questions are not being asked. How and why is our culture and country creating these kids? What has change in our society since the 60s that causes these kids not to have the resiliency to the negative influences. We've always had guns, we've always had bullies. We need to address the causes, not just the affects.

And yes, hardening the target is a good thing. It was the teachers and administration that by-passed the security and left the kids vulnerable.

The left (politicians and media) needs the deaths to justify more laws. Just like soldiers, the children are expendable; a drop in the bucket for the control that they can achieve.
Just my thought's . Parent's no longer behave as parent's . They now have kiddo's or little men . I was the first born in my family , Born In 1959 . By the time I reached 12 years old my father took me aside and informed me I was to look after my mother , brothers and sister while he was at work . I done suggest that , yes it was a lot of responsibility , but I realized he was preparing me for life as an adult . He never told me no if I ask him to take me hunting or fishing when I got I high school he never missed one of my football game's . I learned respect and responsibility , children don't get that any more . they get a happy meal and see ya tomorrow kiddo .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts