M14 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
5,445 Posts
Why pay for that! $300+ is a ripoff in my book.

Buy a stock Pelican case and custom cut your outlines using someone's electric knife. Voila! A perfectly shaped storage foam within a Pelican 1750 and all for well less than $300+ dollars.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why pay for that! $300+ is a ripoff in my book.

Buy a stock Pelican case and custom cut your outlines using someone's electric knife. Voila! A perfectly shaped storage foam within a Pelican 1750 and all for well less than $300+ dollars.
Maybe you get these cases at a great discount. But I have never seen a full size pelican case for less than 300. Especially when you factor in shipping.

·
Premium Member
4,814 Posts
While we are talking about hard cases for firearm transport and protection. Take a look at StarlightCases. To make a couple of long stories very short, let's just say I have had failures from a couple of high dollar plastic/synthetic case and "high dollar" aluminum cases. I started using Starlightcases years ago after I read a review in Precision Shooting Magazine. The company was started and operated by vets. I have flown and driven many many miles with rather expensive trap shotguns, black powder cartridge rifles and expensive optics on sporter weapons ...this far without incident. No I don't work for the company.......just a customer who has been very very satisfied. I have seen and experienced the difference.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts