M14 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rules will be the same as the original contest with the following change. The contest will also be open to all 30 cal. +/- iron sighted, as issued military rifles from 1900 to the cold war. Some examples, M14/M1A, US Krag, Springfield 03, US 1917, Garand, M1 Carbine, 8mm Mausers, 7.7 Japanese Ariskas, G3 and FAL clones, SKS, AK47, BM59, SMLE, Swiss K31, Russian Mosin-Nagant and Tokarev, British SMLE, etc. I fully expect the M14s to dominate but I think it will be fun to bring out those other old war horses and show them off , maybe educate everyone of on how accurate they were or not.

Rules, 8” Dirty Bird targets, (Walmart, Academy Sports, Amazon and other shops) iron sights, 100 yards, sling or bench with bag supports, no lead sleds or clamping devices. Scoring, if the blackened mark made by the bullet cuts a line, take the higher score. If you get a flyer in the white score a 7 for it. Challenges will run 1st of months till end. Write rifle type, ammo, score and date on your targets and post them. Multiple entries permitted. Just for fun contest, If you have a tack driver consider giving it a break after a few wins.

Good Luck !!

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'll start us off with my 03A3 loaded with a 173 gr lead cast GC over some 13 gr of Red Dot. from the bench.
20210504_125811.jpg

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
95-2X, very well done 58COOP, especially with lead cast bullets and Red Dot. I bet that A3-03 with some match ammo could easily hold the 10 ring.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1. johnsonrussell.rj. 95-3X, M1 Garand, Winchester M2 ammo
2. 58COOP, 95-2X, A3-03 Springfield, Lead bullet handloads

1 - 7 of 7 Posts