M14 Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I have seen alot of talk about "parts kits" and would like more information and where they are purchased. Any help out there?

thanks

redraider

·
Registered
558 Posts
Hi, I have seen alot of talk about "parts kits" and would like more information and where they are purchased. Any help out there?

thanks

redraider
They show up from time to time. CMP just had some. I think they are gone. LRB arms might have some and so might Jon Wolfe at M14parts.com. Then again, they may not. They are not a "constant" that one can just buy at anytime.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I bought one from the CMP store in Anniston, AL last week. They still have them in the store there. I asked the lovely lady if she thought they were in danger of selling them out any time soon and she didn't think they were.

SS

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Just a note on the CMP kits: no bolt, no barrel. Luck of the draw on condition, but should be usable parts.
No firing pin either,

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
I think parts kits have their place but the parts kits I've seen will not provide enough quality parts for and entire build. Most are a good deal for the money if spare parts are your concern.

·
Registered
4,680 Posts
I took delivery on mine a week or so ago from LRB ($469.95) and I opted for the 22" chrome lined Criterion GI profile barrel for an additional $200.00. That's $50.00 off the regular price of the barrel since I was buying the parts kit, sans bolt. I already have a GI TRW bolt for the project.

http://www.lrbarms.com/m14parts.html

7th

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
Kits

I took delivery on mine a week or so ago from LRB ($469.95) and I opted for the 22" chrome lined Criterion GI profile barrel for an additional $200.00. That's $50.00 off the regular price of the barrel since I was buying the parts kit, sans bolt. I already have a GI TRW bolt for the project.

http://www.lrbarms.com/m14parts.html

7th
Yeah, but LRB kits have roughly $370.00 worth of G.I. parts replaced by commercial import items based on market prices today. I believe the CMP G.I. kits are the better deal, even if you have to do some reparkerizing. At least it is all American made products. This stuff is real hard to destroy or render unuseable...Thats why they give it to grunts....DI2

·
Banned
2,325 Posts
kits

I represent that remark.
Strictly a term of endearment, no offense....when they called us squids, we use to call them bullet stoppers....lol.....we would say, "Go catch a bullet" and they would say, " Go swab the deck you mop jockey "....then a huge fight would break out.....then beers all around and best buds.

Back to the kits, I wish I knew how many were left, about a month ago it was 600, I did some figuring on individual parts, and the kits aren't to bad a value.

·
Registered
1 Posts

7th
Hello, I was just looking at those LRB kits. How do you like it? thanks

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
Back to the kits, I wish I knew how many were left, about a month ago it was 600.
Ripsaw
do not ask me how I know . Trust me I am a Sneaky Clever Sh_ _. As of this post there where 140 kits left

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought one from the CMP store in Anniston, AL last week. They still have them in the store there. I asked the lovely lady if she thought they were in danger of selling them out any time soon and she didn't think they were.

SS
Scharfschutz,

I'm in need of an op rod, clip guide and pin, and all the rear sight parts. What was the condition on these parts in your kit, specifically the op rod?

I wouldn't mind having the rest of the parts in the kit as spares.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Ripsaw
do not ask me how I know . Trust me I am a Sneaky Clever Sh_ _. As of this post there where 140 kits left
HA!! I know how but i won't tell either....guys were doing this when they were selling the Garand AP ammo to see how much was left. I thought about the parts kit, N. Store has them an they are all HR, but by the time I buy the kit, an get the rest, barrel, receiver an Fulton reveiver put together its going to be close to 1700.00......an some are saying parts may not be that great....so I figured I can keep hunting for a all USGI parts on a springfield receiver, like a pre ban for less, an perhaps a better value....if the kits were around 400.00...or better yet 200.00...ha!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts