M14 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
back to boot camp thanks uncle sam...oooorah !
i hope you all enjoy this ,,,,Semper Fi

NRA LIFE MEMBER

U. S. ARMY VET

"All gave some but some gave ALL"

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ud9ZOIyMO7Y[/ame]

·
MGySgt USMC (ret)
7,066 Posts
MAN, did THAT bring back memories. Of course as "Hollywood Marines," we were issued sun glasses and sun tan lotion and allowed to spend part each day at the beaches of San Diego............. At least that was what they told them at P.I. Grin.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Wow, very interesting. Its amazing to see the videos made back then about recruit training, and the ones that are made now.

It was facinating to see what they talk about in the old video that they did back then thats different from today. Like mess duty. No recruits were ever put on mess duty when I was there 3 years ago.

Its also interesting to see what the video talks about that still is the same as today.

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Ya I was that guy!

I was the one who after weeks of drill decided to have a brain fart at final drill and went to left shoulder arms instead of right shoulder!

Never forget it! "recruit Smith the order was left shoulder arms!" My name aint Smith and the senior damned well new it! 1st squad leader screwing up right there infront of god and country!

I bet ya'll can imagine how much personal time i got to spend with the heavy and Senior ensuring them that I truely could follow given instruction and properly perform the manual of arms!

Kinda did make up for it by scoring series high shooter on the range and winning the Bat. puggel stick fights!

But at graduation my heavy made sure to tell my mother of the incident and asked for her help in making sure that I never forget to follow orders and manual of arms!
To this day, 25 yrs later, my Blessed mother reminds me when I'm not listening that "D.I. Sgt Cozine autherized me to discipline you when you aren't paying attention! And this is one of those times!"

·
Registered
998 Posts
2010;

July 2010; The large sign has been moved off to the right. There is a drive way around the back of the sign that leads to a parking area. You also can get visitors passes at a guard shack off to the right of the gate guard shack. Gate guard shack overhead can be seen in the upper left of the picture. These are grandsons. 9-10 & 11.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.