M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am in the process of building my first M14. I'm using TRW parts with a LRB receiver. I am considering having some of my M14 Parts parkerized. I haven't decided if I will have all the parts done or not. I definately would like my USGI barrel and Trigger Housing refinished. The other parts are optional. Although the other parts have a decent finish remaining, I may have everything done just so the parts "match" better. I am assuming I would want them manganese phosphated. Would this be correct?

Does anyone have any recommendations for parkerizing services. I contacted Shuff's Parkerizing services. His work primarily focuses on the Garand, Carbine, and 1903. But, he said he would do a M14. Is this a service that most builders can provide? I've talked to Jon Wolfe, Ted Brown, and LRB. Unfortunately, I never asked about this. Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks

·
Registered
401 Posts
I just had some work done by Tim @ Shuf's Parkerizing - excellent work and reasonably priced. He is an excellent person to work with and is honest to a fault (I like that). He does not try to do work that he does not feel comfortable to do and will let you know that. I will use him in the future.

·
Senior Chief, U. S. Navy, Ret
407 Posts
I had Shuff park a couple trigger housings and oprods and a few other misc M14 parts. He does excellent work at a reasonable price with fast turnaround. You won't be disappointed.

·
Registered
3,997 Posts
# 5 FOR Shuff's but try Zog's
Zog can you match the Greek Black park? If you can I have a little work for you

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.