M14 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
I had 2 Uncles worked for Pabst in Irvington/Newark NJ. The story hits home! They used to brag about Pabst would allow the guys to take a pitcher of warm beer for lunch!. My one uncle would go fishing with a case. start case at 7am and it would be gone by 11am. He passed with bladder cancer. RIP. Jeez, he could drink beer! Always Pabst!

·
Premium Member
1,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I had friends back then who did the "Ammo Ship Runs" to Vietnam . . . and we all had friends there fighting too at the time.
As impish as us little Fs were . . . no one ever thought to bring our pals beer!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I figure locusts would fit right in with the cockroaches and illegals
I'll tell you honestly how it's become these last few years as a life-long resident. Between the illegals, and Northern retirees flocking to Florida waving big fat pensions around it's become miserable and we're up to our necks in them, we are becoming overtaxed & overburdened because our infrastructure simply can't handle it, our schools are overcrowded, our roads are overcrowded, and every time we residents turn around a new tax is being imposed to try and keep up, but it ain't enough because we have too many people coming in! It's the same with the housing market now and cost of living, greedy property owners, landlords & developers have raised prices so high that your average resident's incomes can no longer afford a home or even the rent on apartments, I personally have friends and know veterans on fixed incomes that are being priced out and close to homelessness, rent increases are something like 30% now. And the development to fuel all of it is literally out of control and on every street corner or postage-stamp sized piece of land with condos & townhomes going up, we are quickly running out of greenspace and becoming a metropolitan sprawl, even in what was once my rural part of it, it's not just here, it's EVERYWHERE in Florida now with almost nowhere to go...It's the same with inflation & costs on almost everything we buy, even my car insurance just went up $100 bucks when I haven't so much as had a ticket in years, and why? All the Northern retirees coming down here that can't drive, and the illegals too that are causing accidents and don't even have insurance or leave the scene. And lastly, they vote too, and they vote for the same Progressive stuff that ruined it up north to cause them to leave and now do it down here.

So having explained it civilly, about why I don't care for snowbirds flocking to Florida and waving their fat northern retirement pensions around while ruining it for us natives, it's because I have skin in the game and some animosity towards it, if your home was being invaded & ruined as ours has, I'd hope you'd understand...Thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
Bula
162 Posts
Cool Breeze, I was born in Idaho but raised in CA as my dad was a Navy man who did Brownwater Navy in Vietnam. I served my country for almost eight years before I was disabled. As I once told a man in Oregon when he complained about my moving there, I served my country so I will live anywhere I dam well please. I left Oregon when the crazies were beginning to take over. I hope you'd understand, thanks for your patience.

·
Registered
2,363 Posts
I served my country too, 10 years 1983-93 in the US Army till I couldn't do it anymore, and I'm also a combat veteran with 2-Bronze Star & ailments from the Gulf War, I can't even hardly get appointments from our local VA at Haley for all the Northerners down here now, and when I do can't hardly get a damn parking space! And this is damn well my life-long home being raised in this area and born in Florida. The ones mostly flocking down here are Libs from NY & PA which are a special kinda stupid, they ruin everything they touch...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts