M14 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally finished my first camo stock paint job for my Socom 16.
The stock has been hanging in the garage with a base coat for three months. My New Years resolution was to finish it up. Paint was Krylon camo, Aervoe camo, Model Masters flat camo and flat clear coat. Did a dual color base coat, pulled fishnet hose over the stock and sprayed the rest.

Keeping it as a bush style. No scout scope mount, but have a Bassett low standard when I need magnification. Need to do some hog hunting and the wood stock is just too pretty.
Thanks
Glenn

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
It kinda looks evil. I like it.

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
...pulled fishnet hose over the stock and sprayed the rest.
Just had those "laying" around the house huh Glenn? Or did you have to go get them and then have the cashier looking at you thinking " Camo job, yeah, I bet you're trying to hide something mister." GI7

Looks good... not too much, not too little, but just right.

·
Registered
637 Posts
That camo job seems just perfect on that rifle. Great job!

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just had those "laying" around the house huh Glenn? Or did you have to go get them and then have the cashier looking at you thinking " Camo job, yeah, I bet you're trying to hide something mister." GI7

Looks good... not too much, not too little, but just right.
I would have to say the latter... Use bright red so I knew the hose stayed in the same place between coats.(They where out of Hot Pink.)

Thanks for the comments. Just got back from feeding this Gator. She didn't loose any scales. Had more fun than the law allows.

Thanks, Glenn

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Great looking stock Geepee. Looks a little like my snake skin but I like the color in yours better. I definately like the black hand guard better than it being the same color as the stock.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts