M14 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Custom service rifle builder
8,725 Posts
They are all out of spec, however they are made to specs that work for the M1A and you shouldn't have any problems. Once in a blue moon you'll find a M1A receiver that is mis-machined or has a tolerance problem, but it is rare.

·
Super Moderator
11,544 Posts
There's too much to check if you don't know what you're looking for. I don't know myself. Send it to a gunsmith that specializes in M14's/M1A's and he will tell you.

Send it to Fulton Armory and I can already tell you what their answer will be as well as their recommended resolution.

·
Premium Member
1,091 Posts
All of our mounts are shipped with a receiver inspection kit that can be used as a trouble shooting tool when installing our mount. The inspection kit provides the required inspection pins, instruction, and diagrams to allow you to check the receiver's left side groove. You can also go to our website and see the inspection process in a photo tutorial. Using the Sadlak Receiver Inspection Kit

·
Registered
7,450 Posts
Buy a copy of Jerry Kuhnhausen's book, 'The US .30 Caliber Gas operated Service Rifles A Shop Manual Volumes I & II'. In it there is a drawing with all the dimensions. Get your caliper and measure the receiver and check the drawing.

·
Registered
153 Posts
All of our mounts are shipped with a receiver inspection kit that can be used as a trouble shooting tool when installing our mount. The inspection kit provides the required inspection pins, instruction, and diagrams to allow you to check the receiver's left side groove. You can also go to our website and see the inspection process in a photo tutorial. Using the Sadlak Receiver Inspection Kit
Nice customer service! 29 minutes to respond in a courteous manner about one of your products. I'm impressed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.