M14 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fired the Memorial Day matches with Mwiezorek, Arcticdog and TRW1964 at Camp Perry two weekends ago. We had great weather, sunny and 75-85F and light but sometimes shifting winds. 800pt Regional on Saturday, as-issued Garand match out to 600 yards Sunday, Leg match on Monday. We were on Rodreguez all weekend long, only had a couple of cease-fires due to boats.

Shot pretty well on Sat with steady conditions, not so well with the M1 Sunday, and mediocre in the Leg Match. Wind shifted from 5 o'clock to 9 o'clock and back, from almost nothing to 8-10 mph. Tough conditions at 600, not many smiles that day. Great days to be out shooting though and good company to shoot with.

Eagle 1

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Hey Eagle1, it looks like we're breaking into a "North" & "South" contingent of "Got 7.62?"... of course Arcticdog can claim border State status. (Which just means he can go "both ways" GI6 )

All kidding aside, I sure wish we ALL could get together more than once a year. I know you guys had fun, we always do. Well, except when you're claiming I'm a jinx when scoring for you. GI6

·
Registered
5,324 Posts
Geeck,

Maybe next year we can get Neiltus, Circlehook, Wolley, and others go with us to Camp Perry and have a tune up match with the ORPA crowd prior to the Nationals.

Crawfish or Shrimp boil on Rodriguez the bight before LEG match would be awesome. Ray and I shot our best LEG match scores after killing a bottle the night before. One time we finished 1,2 in a LEG match just shooting subconsciously, headache was too much to care about the scores.....

·
Registered
2,708 Posts
Geeck,

Maybe next year we can get Neiltus, Circlehook, Wolley, and others go with us to Camp Perry and have a tune up match with the ORPA crowd prior to the Nationals.

Crawfish or Shrimp boil on Rodriguez the bight before LEG match would be awesome. Ray and I shot our best LEG match scores after killing a bottle the night before. One time we finished 1,2 in a LEG match just shooting subconsciously, headache was too much to care about the scores.....
I could probably get IQF shrimp and Dry Ice to keep them frozen until we're ready to boil them. I rather fresh shrimp they're easier to peel but if you know what you're doing with IQF shrimp, it's not too bad. Crawfish would never make the trip unless we did them the day I got there... 1100 miles in the back of a pickup in the middle of summer is tough on Crawfish. Plus our Yankee brothers have a hard time eating Crawfish and by late July you need a ball peen to crack them open.

We could open a Boudin stand and make a fortune ( if we didn't eat up all the stock first ) GI6

1 - 4 of 4 Posts