M14 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I live in Belgium. Most folks might know me from the Falfiles or FNCforums.
Somehow i got this Winchester M14 in my collection. Not exactly my core business but still an interesting rifle.
I would like to hear some comments and info on this one.
In my opinion it is a 100% A ok freedom tool. If you have some specific data like what contract it is, who received it, plz let me know
Thanks!

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
WOW !!!! looks like your M14 with the happy switch will not be lonely at your place. Thanks for posting all the photos. How about one of the heal marking so we can see what manufactuer it is. Of course you can cover the serial number if you wish. Welcome to the forum from Texas.

·
Premium Member
18,590 Posts
Paco,
Welcome to the M14 forum. I have admired your collection over on FAL files for some time. Winchester is one of my favorites although only in the semi version.

Art Banks

Camera accessory Audio equipment Gas Cameras & optics Machine
Air gun Trigger Bumper Machine tool Gas

·
NSR
1,606 Posts
Paco,

What an incredible collection! That M-14 belongs in that collection...it is stellar and obviously well cared for...

I've got five M-14's, but no happy switches. All are built on LRB actions and original usgi parts. I'm jealous.

Welcome to the forum. Post often.

Wes

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Are you a typical Belgian collector?? That is an amazing group of firearms. What hoops do you have to jump through to have all of those weapons?
Hard to say since most Belgian collectors live in fear and are shy as hell.
It'aint hard to become a collector. You need 5 fire arms in a 'theme" and be a good boy, pay the taxes, wait a long time, receive some background checks, rebuild your mancave to some security level/norms and you are good to go.
Many WW1-2 collectors here since unckle Sam and Dolfie forgot a lot of weapons on there way in and out ; )

I have an early license so i had to "nvent" a theme to stay in line with the new guys. My theme is something like All Belgian and German reglementary firearms. All weapons in 9mm, 7,62/308 and 5,56/223. All FN/Browning patents.
There are several collector with a bigger collection, many with a smaller.
Let's say i started on the right time.

Also, other then in the land of the free, Selective firing weapons are mostly cheaper as the semi's. Since little people have a class3 license.
There is noting like a DD in Belgium. It's ok to have a 20mm Flak or so.

Paco

·
Premium Member
18,590 Posts
This you mean?

Nice early Winchester. This is one of mine.

You will notice that the Winchester heel on mine is attached to a new production receiver without the auto lug. Still the rest of the rifle is Winchester that I put together as a tribute to the Winchester M14 I was issued in Viet Nam in 1967.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts