M14 Forum banner

Oregon Measure 114

3200 70
Well this measure may be the straw that breaks the camel's back for me. I see a strong possibility of this passing. It's terrible. I don't think it can be constitutional. I hate this, I love Oregon so much. Just a couple weeks ago I drove from the high desert across the mountains and to the coast. Such a beautiful state. Even if this measure doesn't pass, the attack on legal gun ownership is never ending. Sadly I will be looking to relocate. Probably either Idaho or Nevada.

A "yes" vote supports this ballot initiative to:
  • require permits issued by local law enforcement to buy a firearm;
  • require photo ID, fingerprints, safety training, criminal background check, and fee payment to apply for a permit; and
  • prohibit manufacturing, importing, purchasing, selling, possessing, using, or transferring ammunition magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds and make violations a class A misdemeanor.

JC.
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
It will pass and will not be constitutional, yet it will take years to get it overturned.

There are three women running for Oregon Governor, a lesbian Democrat, a RINO Republican, and an ex-Democrat Independent. The Democrat is running adds saying the Independent is too extreme for Oregon because she is pro-Second Amendment and owns a machine gun. That sealed it for me and my wife. We are voting for the Independent.

·
NSR
1,936 Posts
Folks,

You're keying on key the provisions of the bill. All well and good. What should scare you even more is Section 12 of the bill. I quote:

"If any provision of the 2022 Act or it's application to any person or circumstance is held invalid, the invalidity does not affect the other provisions or applications of this Act which can be given effect without the invalid provision or application, and to this end the provision of this Act are severable. The people hereby declare that they would have adopted this Chapter, notwithstanding the unconstitutionality, invalidity and ineffectiveness of any one of its articles, sections, subsections, sentences or clauses."

In other words they don't care if it's found unconstitutional, etc. It will still stand.

I can only hope that the voters of Oregon view this as massive government over reach and vote it down. Personally, I give it a 50/50 chance of passing and that, in itself, is scary.

Wes

·
Registered
737 Posts
Even if this measure doesn't pass, the attack on legal gun ownership is never ending. Sadly I will be looking to relocate. Probably either Idaho or Nevada.
Pick red free Idaho over Nevada if you are moving. Nevada is purple turning more blue year after year from what I have observed. Nevada is being infected by Californians who vote for blue Democrats.

·
Registered
535 Posts
You would be surprised how many people don't even know this is coming. I've been trying to get our gun club to send out OFF updates to the members. I'm going to a meeting Thursday night and printed out the text of this bill.

And by the way the Independent that's running is there to split the vote from the RINO . So my guess is another democrat again. Just my .02

·
Registered
163 Posts
I feel your frustration. It's a never ending pursuit. The amount of contempt for these so called "fellow Americans" is so outrageous that I probably would get banned for violating the COC. The wife and are leaving WA and headed to either Arizona or Utah. Probably eventually have to flee those states too at some point.

·
Registered
659 Posts
Pick red free Idaho over Nevada if you are moving. Nevada is purple turning more blue year after year from what I have observed. Nevada is being infected by Californians who vote for blue Democrats.
Yes, but so is Idaho. Was there a few months back looking to relocate (I'm from California), and I noted many cars in driveways with CA plates. Agents we spoke with also mentioned many CA transplants.

·
Registered
11,787 Posts
Yes, but so is Idaho. Was there a few months back looking to relocate (I'm from California), and I noted many cars in driveways with CA plates. Agents we spoke with also mentioned many CA transplants.
Stay away from the Boise area and for the most part it will be OK. I lived there in the mid 70's up above Lewiston on the Weippe prairie.
Further north you go the less chance of being inundated with liberals. Much prettier country too.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I feel your frustration. It's a never ending pursuit. The amount of contempt for these so called "fellow Americans" is so outrageous that I probably would get banned for violating the COC. The wife and are leaving Washington and headed to either Arizona or Utah. Probably eventually have to flee those states too at some point.
I am leaving Utah in less than six months. We already sold our home. The State is having serious water problems. I loved living here (great 2nd Amendment liberties) for about ten years but there are just too many people in the State and not enough rain. More moving in to Utah every year too.

Arizona is a purple State but has great 2nd Amendment liberties. I do not know if it is turning more red or blue and I do not know if they have water issues as bad as Utah. Colorado is awful and New Mexico is too. Wyoming has nothing in it. In my advice look for a State east of the Rocky Mountains with liberty. Less water problems east of the Rocky Mountains.

• Sad
Reactions: usmchistorian

·
Registered
163 Posts
I am leaving Utah in less than six months. We already sold our home. The State is having serious water problems. I loved living here (great 2nd Amendment liberties) for about ten years but there are just too many people in the State and not enough rain. More moving in to Utah every year too.

Arizona is a purple State but has great 2nd Amendment liberties. I do not know if it is turning more red or blue and I do not know if they have water issues as bad as Utah. Colorado is awful and New Mexico is too. Wyoming has nothing in it. In my advice look for a State east of the Rocky Mountains with liberty. Less water problems east of the Rocky Mountains.
Thank you for the heads up. That is disappointing news to hear. I really love the country in Utah and Arizona. I guess maybe Oklahoma?

Reactions: Rifleman-7.62
1 - 20 of 71 Posts