M14 Forum banner

Oregon DOJ

1280 31
Ask for a delay:
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· NSR
1,998 Posts
Tom Paine,

I doubt the ability of OSP to have a program "in place" that meets the permitting requirements in an additional two months. This is political window dressing, IMHO.

Wes

· Registered
743 Posts
Tom Paine,

I doubt the ability of OSP to have a program "in place" that meets the permitting requirements in an additional two months. This is political window dressing, IMHO.

Wes
Do you think the OSP will go along with it? There is at least one OCS that said he will not abide by it. Unfortunately I’m Clackamas Co where I reside they won’t tell us if they will or not. Their silence makes me think they will. Part of Clackamas Co is very blue. Lake Oswego, West Linn, Wilsonville and Charbennoe. Oh and Happy Vally. Everywhere east of the Willamette and Clackamas rivers I would say is a safe red area.

· Registered
908 Posts
If this survives Federal Court reviews, then it is game over in the U.S.
A permit to have a Constitutional right? Think about it.
I agree. The tyrants will realize all they need to do nationwide is get our 2nd Amendment rights on the ballot State by State. If 50.1% of the ignorant voters can be persuaded to vote for this in their State (and that will not be hard in some areas with voter fraud) they can get our 2nd Amendment rights mostly invalidated.

· Registered
1,382 Posts
They have been trying for many decades to turn a constitutional right into a revokable privilege. Here's something to think about, the second part of the 2nd amendment where it states the right to keep and bear arms. The operative word being "arms" which, to me anyways, is an all-encompassing term meaning any weapon available.

· Registered
743 Posts
EastCountyRedneck,

Looks like we are both "night owls"...

Oregon State Police is heavily politicized. I doubt they will do anything other than what their masters, in Salem, want them to do...having said that, I hope I'm wrong.

Wes
Yes I am a night shifter. I deliver fuel to gas stations at night. Makes for some very interesting people watching. If you consider meth heads and bums people.

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Do you think the OSP will go along with it? There is at least one OCS that said he will not abide by it. Unfortunately I’m Clackamas Co where I reside they won’t tell us if they will or not. Their silence makes me think they will. Part of Clackamas Co is very blue. Lake Oswego, West Linn, Wilsonville and Charbennoe. Oh and Happy Vally. Everywhere east of the Willamette and Clackamas rivers I would say is a safe red area.
I have sent fb messages to the Clackamas Sheriff, no replies.

· Registered
4,421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Maybe I’ll try to write them a actual letter. I bet my last dollar it’ll be some generic response.
Like almost every email I get back from my state and federal reps. Kurt Schrader and Senator Smith were exceptions, they actually had someone reply which was nice. The rest send me form letters, or ignore me, like Wyden.

· Registered
449 Posts
I suspect that was the whole point. The infrastructure doesn't exist, and as long as prog-libby pols control the state's purse strings, it never will exist. Pretty typical political strategy: throw the masses something that looks like it offers a "fair compromise" (to get the "moderate" votes), but lock up what they really want (no gun sales at all) in the law and then refuse to fund the "compromise" part of it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts