M14 Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a service grade CMP M1 I've had for many years and it comes with the CMP certificate of authenticity and user manual. Serial number 4562204. This rifle is significantly correct. IHC parts include the receiver, op rod, bolt, windage and elevation knobs, gas plug, and stock. The barrel is the correct LMR manufacture and is original to the receiver. Several of the small parts are IHC as well to include the bullet guide, op rod spring guide and some other parts. I believe the gas cylinder and lock are correct as well. The only part I know is not IHC is the op rod spring which is a current milspec unit made by Garand Gear. Throat erosion on the barrel is about 2.75 and the muzzle is about a 1. I’ve only taken it to the range a couple of times. I added the op rod and the stock. I may have added the bolt but I don't remember. It's been too many years and moves across country.
The receiver does not have rebuild marks on the legs and the overall finish is a nice, olive gray overall. The pictures don’t quite capture the true colors. The stock is an original IHC stock that was professionally cleaned up by steaming out dents and dings then given a hand rubbed oil finish. It was not sanded and lacquered like some folks do. It was essentially just cleaned, not refinished. The barrel channel has the numbers stamped in it and the proof and acceptance stamps are still very noticeable. Overall, this is an outstanding offer and comes with sling, certificate and some other small parts that I think may be IHC. I'm very hesitant to replace parts so I'll leave it up to the new owner.
$1900 shipped to your FFL/C&R. I accept personal checks and USPS money orders.

In partial trade I would accept a nice CMP HRA receiver with no rust/pitting. Finish can be thin. A correct HRA bolt would be nice too. I might also consider a Ruger .44 mag Bisley. But I mostly need the cash.

Feel free to ask questions. I can email more pictures upon request.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts