M14 Forum banner

oprod fit

1070 Views 12 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  Chuck S
trying to install a GI oprod onto my SA. seems like it hits the bottom of the barrel. any ideas where to remove metal to make it fit?

thanks, shot
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
3,531 Posts
Aloha Shotgun:

Several of my M14 type rifles has the op rod "rub" the bottom of the barrel. It does not impede functionality. I have used grease in that area to make the action smoother.

I have noticed that over time, it will smooth itself out. I wouldn't take metal off the op rod if at all possible. If it is a big problem, then you might try different op rods or see if there is a reason why it is in that condition. But simple contact is normal. The op rod rails are NOT precise like the rails of a tuned 1911. It has some slop to insure full function all the time, normally.

Aloha and Good Luck!

Tom O.

· Registered
3,531 Posts
Hey Shotgun,

Just for some background, do you think you can shoot some pics of this op rod problem? If you like, you can send them to me and I can post them for you... it would sure be good to see what you are seeing.

Just a thought.

Aloha,

Tom O.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.