M14 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have any opinions on the Springfield Armory synthetic stocks on sale at Numrich. Also see there is a gentleman selling old GI synthetic stocks on the netGI3

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I found a USGI fiberglass stock. But I am wondering about the stock liner. I am getting conflicting stories. Some say the standard one will work others are saying it is a different liner.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
I guess I should keep my questions to this forum. I get to many wrong answers from the outside! You know the so called gun range experts.
Most likely a good idea. The guys here (I have found) actually Build and shoot M14/M1As. You will not be pointed in the wrong direction here.
This of course is my opinion but than again I am rarely wrong GI1

If I may give my uneducated opinion I would get a USGI instead of a comm. Stock!
I bet in the end you will be happier !

·
Registered
4,073 Posts
The salvage stock I got from Numrich wasn't too bad. They have evidently been stored outside and the metal is shot and they are a little faded but a little JB weld to fix a minor ding or two, a coat of paint and some metal parts and you are good to go.

P.S.: I had all the metal parts on hand that I bought cheap from Fred's several years ago so I didn't have to buy it. If the stock metal parts have appreciated in value like other USGI parts it might not be as good of a deal as I thought.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
TMC, Mine were quite rusty. I managed to bring it back to life. New swivels, bolts and rivets. Acraglass to fill the cuts I made to get the old rusty rear swivel out, a little sanding and fresh paint. The buttplate flap was completely rusted, a little sandblasting, cold blue and black paint made it look presentable again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.