M14 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Outstanding!

Also most excellent!

Pretty good, even!

Have one, liked it so much I bought a spare.

Unfortunately, what video was taken to date hides the stock "at work", but it does well. Don't know when we'll get a chance to shoot footage of just the stock in action:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/v/dO-teq-O0DA[/ame]

·
Registered
49 Posts
I tried one and was disappointed because they said it was mil. spec but every butt stock I tried very had alot of play in it. So I never even used it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Outstanding!

Also most excellent!

Pretty good, even!

Have one, liked it so much I bought a spare.

Unfortunately, what video was taken to date hides the stock "at work", but it does well. Don't know when we'll get a chance to shoot footage of just the stock in action:

http://www.youtube.com/v/dO-teq-O0DA

I thought it would be a good idea, inline stock, muzzle break and recoil absorbing buffer tube and you have fairly controllable .308 rifle

·
Registered
963 Posts
I tried one and was disappointed because they said it was mil. spec but every butt stock I tried very had alot of play in it. So I never even used it.
Magpul CTR stock with the lock works well.

IIRC, the SOPMOD (LMT) stock isn't loose, either, but they run to the tight side on most milspec tubes. However, I have no problems with Colt or Bravo Company butt assemblies either- they have a little play but nothing objectionable.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I might be interested in this for my M1A MCS EBR.. The only problem is my CTR is Commercial spec... :(

·
Registered
963 Posts
I might be interested in this for my M1A MCS EBR.. The only problem is my CTR is Commercial spec... :(
Well...it doesn't eat much, so you can keep it until you have a use for it, sell it off, or see if you can arrange a swap with someone who has a milspec unit that doesn't fit their weapon. T'ain't all that expensive in relation to the rest of the rifle, so why not buy a stock AND the Enidine both?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Well...it doesn't eat much, so you can keep it until you have a use for it, sell it off, or see if you can arrange a swap with someone who has a milspec unit that doesn't fit their weapon. T'ain't all that expensive in relation to the rest of the rifle, so why not buy a stock AND the Enidine both?
Because I might buy a PRS stock.... decisions... decisions... RNGR4

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Because I might buy a PRS stock.... decisions... decisions... RNGR4
Personally i don't see the point of putting a PRS on a Troy MCS. The MCS is designed to improve the m14 when used as a Carbine. If you want to use the m14 as a sniper rifle ---> JAE

its your decision though

·
Registered
201 Posts
Personally i don't see the point of putting a PRS on a Troy MCS. The MCS is designed to improve the m14 when used as a Carbine. If you want to use the m14 as a sniper rifle ---> JAE

its your decision though
One thing to consider is, the weight of the PRS helps blance the weapon when a 22" barrel and/or heavy profile barrel. With the added benefits of an adjustable cheek riser.

The JAE is an outstanding stock but, does not offer a full length 12 o'clock position rail. Top rail handguards are limited to G.I contour barrels. The Troy MCS is one of limited options for a full length 12 o'clock position rail combined with barrels other than G.I contour.

A "sniper" rifle as you put it, that wants to employ clip-on night vision such as the PVS-27 need a 12 o'clock position rail.

Thank you,
Monnie

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
PRS stock is not compatible with the carbine type extention, regardless, so that's not an option when using the Enidine. (Had to check the Magpul website, as I don't have one, but it seemed amiss, somehow!)

PRS utilizes the rifle tube and is rotationally secured by the recess in the AR-type receiver.
We were referring to PRS vs (CTR with shot shock), PRS fitts the same way an A2 stock does

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
A "sniper" rifle as you put it, that wants to employ clip-on night vision such as the PVS-27 need a 12 o'clock position rail.

Well put , touche

If you have a practical use for a NOD though, I mean Civilians don't really need one

Cant you put 12 o clock rail on top of the JAE?

Edit: Oh those upper rails only fit GI contour barrels, oh ok makes sense good point :)

·
Registered
413 Posts
Well put , touche

If you have a practical use for a NOD though, I mean Civilians don't really need one

Cant you put 12 o clock rail on top of the JAE?

Edit: Oh those upper rails only fit GI contour barrels, oh ok makes sense good point :)
Not to jack these thread, but, why don't civilians need nods?????????

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Not to jack these thread, but, why don't civilians need nods?????????
You know to so the communists can take over easier. So they don't have to worry about civvies shooting them at night

Night Optical Devices are frowned upon in Canada, were more into Cow Boy Action shooting lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
You know to so the communists can take over easier. So they don't have to worry about civvies shooting them at night

Night Optical Devices are frowned upon in Canada, were more into Cow Boy Action shooting lol
If I ever decide to invade Canada, I'll make sure to do it at night. LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts