M14 Forum banner
1 - 2 of 31 Posts

· Registered
1,687 Posts
I grew up and still live in northern Utah. I have been in most of the places you mention quite often. While Wyoming taxes look attractive it is almost always cold and windy there. Idaho has some great spots. My experience with Montana is also a cold one.

I will say one thing about Utah. I do believe that Utah will be the last state to hold onto our 2A rights while others collapse. We even have a state gun, the 1911.

Good luck with your move. I cannot believe what is going on in CA. I cannot believe that people can be that beguiled. I attended a rifle course near Sacramento last year and the sponsors were so paranoid about protesters that they would not tell us where the range was until we showed up on site. For real. I am so sorry. CA used to be one of my favorite places and now I just hate to go there even for Disneyland.

You are certainly welcome in Utah but it sounds like that one is off your list.

· Registered
1,687 Posts
It was actually not an official range. It was done on a private ranch. A long distance rifle course.

Here in Utah we have a lot of ranges. I was invited a few years back to the local private range. I now have a key. The local private range goes out to 600 yards. Mr Shmitty is also a member.

1 - 2 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.